• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500: May 21 - 22, 2016

Got my room reserved at the Best Western in Kerrville. Looking forward to this one.

If anyone has a spare spot on their trailer coming from Houston, I'd be happy to help pay for gas!

Wolfen, i'll be riding up on my bike Friday late afternoon. you are welcome to ride up with if interested. Also, my dad and i are dual sport junkies and he is in Cypress, that is where I will be meeting him Friday when we head out.

Last edited:
I'm in as well. Been looking for a reason to return to the Hill Country for a couple of days. I haven't decided if I'm going to book a room or camp. My job keeps me in hotels two weeks out of the month. It would be nice to look at the stars.

If anyone is interested, Kerrville-Schreiner Park is just outside of town. It is a nice campground with clean bathrooms and hot showers.

https://registerb.parksreconline.com/wbwsc/kerrville.wsc/wbsplash.html?ccode=TXKER

Last edited:
Wolfen, i'll be riding up on my bike Friday late afternoon. you are welcome to ride up with if interested. Also, my dad and i are dual sport junkies and he is in Cypress, that is where I will be meeting him Friday when we head out.

Doesn't sound like too bad an idea, but the DR isn't really a highway machine, and I can really only fund one night in a hotel. We'll see how it plays out.

Just picked up a Vstrom for rides just like this! DRZ too uncomfortable for such distances and speed, and the FJR is not off-pavement friendly even though I do it. :)

If I go I will be looking to join a group as well.

Doesn't sound like too bad an idea, but the DR isn't really a highway machine, and I can really only fund one night in a hotel. We'll see how it plays out.

Honestly man we will probably book it on up there that friday. I'm not sure how late i'll have to stick around at the office and will probably be running behind. As for the funds, just camp with the other guy that mentioned it and hotel it the other.

It has been a long time since my last Hill Country DS ride. I wish I could make this one, even if only to hang out and visit with everyone. Gotta work this weekend. :-(

Ya'll be safe and have fun. I look forward to living vicariously through the ride reports.

Riders,

If you would like your very own Top Adventure t-shirt, you are in luck. I am placing a special order of the Top Adventure t-shirt on Thursday, May 12th.

Shirts are $25 each and the cost includes mailing the shirt to you.

If you are attending the Hill Country 500, shirts are $20 each and I will personally deliver them to you on Saturday evening in Kerrville.

Front of the shirt
20160426-_1140733-L.jpg

Back of the shirt
20160426-_1140734-L.jpg

You can pay by paypal or check. If you want to use paypal, send $25 payment to rgibbens@austin.rr.com. Please be sure to include your t-shirt size, name, and address you want the shirt mailed to.

If you are attending the Hill Country 500 and want your shirt personally delivered to you in Kerrville, send $20 payment to me at rgibbens@austin.rr.com. Please include your name, t-shirt size, and a note that you are getting your shirt at the Hill Country 500.

If you want to pay via check, mail your payment to:
Richard Gibbens
12609 Red Bud Trail
Buda, TX 78610

Please include a note with your full name, t-shirt size, where you want the shirt mailed to or that you want the shirt delivered at the Hill Country 500.

I am placing the order Thursday evening, May 12th so please get your order to me before then.

Last edited:
Riders,

If you would like your very own Top Adventure t-shirt, you are in luck. I am placing a special order of the Top Adventure t-shirt on Thursday, May 12th.

I'd like to surprise Tricewife with a Top Adventure thong, what the cost of that proposed item?

Can we have a rally queen contest ?
Miss Rally Queen just sounds hot:trust:
2 requirements:

1. That the Rally Queen is a woman and a good sport/dual sport
2. That she doesn't look like she was road 500 miles and put up wet. :rider:

#8 K'ville-Schreiner Sat night.

Looking for the ride meet points or a good intercept point on Saturday if I miss the launch. If possible that is. Thanks!

I will be there unless this insane rain continues...I may bring along a few others...im way overdue to ride my Dualsport...

Anyone that does not have a specific group already planned to ride with can ride with us...we ride to have adventure but also to survive...we dont do stupid stuff or ride over our heads...we have families and jobs to return too...

Richard always puts on a great ride and im sure this one will be excellent...

This may be coming together for me. Does anyone know of a place to the west of Austin that I could stash a truck and a trailer for a couple of days? I could ride the DRZ down but I'm not sure I really want too.

This may be coming together for me. Does anyone know of a place to the west of Austin that I could stash a truck and a trailer for a couple of days? I could ride the DRZ down but I'm not sure I really want too.

I bet you could leave it in the Cabella's parking lot on Interstate 35 in Buda. Or the Walmart in Buda. Or the HEB in Buda. The ride from Buda to Blanco wouldn't be terrible, especially if you took the back roads.

You might be able to stash it in a hotel parking lot in Blanco or Johnson City (if you stay one night there).

You might be able to stash it in the parking lot of the local high school or middle school.

I live in a gated apartment complex in Southwest Austin. You can park your truck in one of my reserved spots and your trailer (depending on its size) can go in my single car garage. If that's works, PM your number and we can coordinate.

Back