• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dealer/Shop Recommendation In Dallas Area

Shaggy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Hershberger
Howdy folks, it's been a few years since I have been around the forums here and haven't really ridden that much during that time either. My 06 FZ6 has been a garage queen the whole time other than the very few times it's been out. I've put in a new battery and tender on it and she runs fine, but it's time for an oil change and probably some general maintenance as well as the annual inspection.

I bought it new from Central Yamaha and I see that they have now merged with Maxim Honda in Allen.

Can anyone recommend Maxim or some other factory certified Yamaha shops around the Dallas area? I live up in Celina so something on the more northerly side would be preferred. I can do a lot of the basic maintenance myself, but since I don't really have time any more I'd really rather just drop it off and let a shop take care of it and knock out the inspection while it's there.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff, I'm kind of picky about my motorbikes and I've always said that the only person to work on my bikes other than myself would be Dean over at Stadium Yamaha over in Irving. This may be kind of far for you to go however.

Although he's not a dealer, I'd recommend James Cox at JC Cycles who I think is in the Celina area. I say I think he's there because he offers a free pickup and delivery service so I've never actually been to his shop.
He's worked on my Bonneville twice and I've been pleased with his work, as has my son-in-law who has a Concours.
http://www.jccyclesandatvs.com/

I have had very good luck with Maxim over the last 5 years. They are reasonable on prices, staff is very professional and many years of experience. They don't even mind working on a KTM every once in a while.

.....the only person to work on my bikes other than myself would be Dean over at Stadium Yamaha over in Irving.....
+1 They might be able to workout something to help you out if they know you are coming in from out of town. They have me before.

I like the guys at Maxim. A lot of them have been there since the Plano Honda days. They will match internet pricing if you ask although you will have to pay sales tax. The service department is about as good as I have seen. I do most of my own work and am really picky about things and they have never disappointed me. I think what I like most about them is that the employees really like working there and will go out of their way to help you.

Doug

It's not a Yamaha dealer but I'd recommend Cycle Werkz in Fort Worth. Scott is the only person I'll let touch my bike outside of Me, and the dealer. Scott also wrenches for John Ulrich and Team Hammer in AMA, just to give another reference for him and his work.

Back