• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

88 NX650

Reaction score
Had accident. While in hosp jeans were cut off and thrown away with ignition key in pocket. Naturally I never had a spare made. Any simple solution other than removing the ignition switch(pain)? Could a locksmith use the tool container to make a new key? Thanks.

First and foremost are you ok?
Are you still in the hospital?
Where in East Tx are you?
Do you need help in getting your bike picked up?

Any good/reputable locksmith should be able to help.
My brother just used one and only cost him $85 instead of the $600 the stealership would have charged.

A Honda of that era will have a key code on the back of each lock (usually). A good Honda dealer can cut you a key from that code for about $10. A helmet lock is a good place to look as is the ignition switch if you can get it out easily.

Most locks are held on with breakaway bolts, so you may have to drill them out to get a lock off.

Had accident. While in hosp jeans were cut off and thrown away with ignition key in pocket. Naturally I never had a spare made. Any simple solution other than removing the ignition switch(pain)? Could a locksmith use the tool container to make a new key? Thanks.

I'd (1) call a dealer and (2) call a locksmith. They're going to give you the best possible information.

Thanks guys, sorry for the dbl question. Doing better now but will be out of action for a while, thanks. I just got some confusing info from local dealer and have always found that this site has someone who has been thru the same problem. The ignition switch is a bear to remove(big dismantle) and I can't do much straining now so was just hoping to discover an easier resolution. Really appreciate all the suggestions. :thumb:

Back