• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bridgestone T30 ??

Reaction score
My Bandit needs new shoes, and I'm lost as to what to put on the old girl.
The T30 sounds good, but there isn't any feed back available on them. I don't need the latest PR4 as I don't ride in the rain, if I thought it would make it rain I'd ride in circles.
I'm currently running BT023's and they have given me 10K+ miles without trouble, they are just now showing wear differences between the two different rubber compounds on the rear with over 3/32 left to go.
Any suggestions would be appreciated ie, PR2 PR3 etc.

Thanks Smoky

I just noticed the T30 here at a remarkably good price - less than $225 a pair for my R1200RT. This morning, I'll replace the PR-2s on it, which are pretty worn after 8000 miles. Bridgestone BT023GTs were on it previously, and lasted 7000 miles. I have a set of Road Attacks waiting to go. I always keep a replacement set just in case of a problem, so I'll likely order the T30s and put them in the closet.

I would be curious to read a review, but it would have to come from an actual controlled test (blind), with an expert rider. Subjective reviews from amateur riders comparing a worn-out tires with new ones just don't give me any useful information.

I am not an expert rider, not overly-aggressive, avoid riding in the rain, and have never had a bad experience using tires from any of the major manufacturers. I go through a set of tires on my road bikes pretty much every year, for a lot of years. I wouldn't hesitate to use the T30. Looks like Bridgestone is trying to increase their market share.

I have a 2014 FZ09. I put T30 on the rear at 4k
miles. The bike just turned 7.2K miles and it
has about 1/3 tread left. The Mich PP3 I had
on it before lasted 2.2K miles, the OEM Dunlop
before it lasted about 1.8K. So there you have it,
the T30 sticks well and doubles theOEM sport
tire mileage on a Fz09 (stock tire is S20 also).

Back