• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Printing a repair manual

Reaction score
So I downloaded a .PDF repair manual, over 200 pages with color photography.

What is the bestest way to print it into a book.

I can probably use my printer, but it's black & white and it'll probably kill my $80 toner cartridge.

save your $80 ink cartridge and go to Walmart and pick up a $29 HP 1010 color ink jet printer.

Go to FedEx print shop. They can print, collate, and spiral bind the whole schmere for the price of just the paper and ink cartridges.

I just print sections as I need them. I don't need the part about rebuilding the engine to do a routine service.

I keep mine on my laptop and tablet, and print a page or 2 at a time, as needed.

we have one of those trick all in one commercial high speed color laser printers that does both sides and we also have the ring binder punch and ringer things at work. I have thought about sneaking up front one sunday when no one is up there and printing a copy of the ZRX manual:twisted:

So, once again we have the question: PAPER or PLASTIC (cd)
I much prefer paper sitting there where I can smudge the more used pages and find them easily. And even though I will never use some of the info in the engine rebuild section (too easy to grab another complete engine) I sure want to know everything I can about it just to know the whine I'm hearing is the rub strip on the cam chain tensioner about to go to the next 'click' on the adjuster.

I'd be curious to know what you paid for the pdf combined with what you pay to have it printed.

I carry the .pdf on my iPhone and on my computer and print the required pages.

I took a closer look at the printer at work, it holds 2000 sheets paper and has a USB port on front for straight from thumb printing.
I also fainted when I learned the color toner cartridges are $250 each (three) and the black is $150!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I took a closer look at the printer at work, it holds 2000 sheets paper and has a USB port on front for straight from thumb printing.
I also fainted when I learned the color toner cartridges are $250 each (three) and the black is $150!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Yeah, but works pays for it, not you :deal:

Staples, Costco, Sam's, FedEx, etc should be able to run you off a copy pretty cheap.

For a recent used more acquisition, I got the PDF manual from the OEM and printed it at work. It hole punched and stapled and work billed me for 40 pages at $0.007/page(B/W)

I love the digital versions for searching and having with me anywhere, but when it comes time to do actual work, I much prefer a paper copy. Costs a lot less when a page falls off the bike than when an iPad falls into the oil pan :giveup:

Yeah, but works pays for it, not you :deal:

Staples, Costco, Sam's, FedEx, etc should be able to run you off a copy pretty cheap.

For a recent used more acquisition, I got the PDF manual from the OEM and printed it at work. It hole punched and stapled and work billed me for 40 pages at $0.007/page(B/W)

I love the digital versions for searching and having with me anywhere, but when it comes time to do actual work, I much prefer a paper copy. Costs a lot less when a page falls off the bike than when an iPad falls into the oil pan :giveup:

You said it all very well

Back