• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 Texas Hill Country 500 - Nov 2-4, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as there no baby heads and 4 in sands , I'm good to go with my 500 pounder :lol2:

I need a couple of them, how do I get them ?

Doesn't the link to Amazon work? Click it. Caution, its 25 bucks with shipping

Thank you [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping that I will still be able to go. I got stung by a hornet that had some very bad bacteria on it's stinger. I spent 8 days in the hospital due to my lower right leg going sepsis because of the sting on the strongest IV antibiotics. I came home with 17 more days of high dose IV antibiotics delivered thru a PICC line. This also has uncovered a blockage in my heart, I will have a heart cath in a few days, as soon as it can be scheduled. And I may still have to have a pacemaker according to the cardiologist. I will figure it out in a couple of weeks.

I am hoping that I will still be able to go. I got stung by a hornet that had some very bad bacteria on it's stinger. I spent 8 days in the hospital due to my lower right leg going sepsis because of the sting on the strongest IV antibiotics. I came home with 17 more days of high dose IV antibiotics delivered thru a PICC line. This also has uncovered a blockage in my heart, I will have a heart cath in a few days, as soon as it can be scheduled. And I may still have to have a pacemaker according to the cardiologist. I will figure it out in a couple of weeks.

God bless you and I hope all goes well. FWIW, my father lived 30 years with a pacemaker and the last 10 years or so it's the only reason his heart beat. He did go through 2 or 3 of them in that time. We'll pray.

You need to concentrate on becoming healthy. Best of luck

Just realized this is getting very close. Thank goodness for the recent rains, should be plenty of lush green grass for comfy camping, I think the creek is running again. Need to get busy getting things ready!!!

Just realized this is getting very close. Thank goodness for the recent rains, should be plenty of lush green grass for comfy camping, I think the creek is running again. Need to get busy getting things ready!!!

Say the word and I'll be out there to help.

Kind of a late comer to the ride but we have a room at Americas Best on the 3rd. Will be camping with everyone else on the 2nd. Can we make a donation at site for food?

My wife and I are in. Looking forward to it. Planning on camping both nights but have a question about the camping area. We normally use hammocks. Are there trees to hang our hammocks?

Happy to hear you can make it. There are several areas to park and camp some are wide open pasture easier for cars/trucks/trailers and other areas have numerous oak trees that should work fine. Some are a little walk from the food... :)

I will try to put up some pictures with arial views and pictures of the area. Thank goodness for the recent rains, we should have wonderul green grasses with sounds of the creek to enjoy.

Happy to hear you can make it. There are several areas to park and camp some are wide open pasture easier for cars/trucks/trailers and other areas have numerous oak trees that should work fine. Some are a little walk from the food... :)

I will try to put up some pictures with arial views and pictures of the area. Thank goodness for the recent rains, we should have wonderul green grasses with sounds of the creek to enjoy.

Hi Mike, I've checked it out on Google maps and is really neat place. How many acres is it do you have a couple of hobby cows for your ag exemption. I have a pickup and motorcycle carrier that I sleep in but it's short and shouldn't take up much room.

Thank you it’s my wife’s mother’s place I am the only guy stupid enough o do all the work lol

There is about 65 acres we also picked up the place across the creek to the south it has a big tree house on the creek on it that is pretty cool.

There is some. Ice river frontage too with a great spring that has never run dry that we have heard.

Thank you it’s my wife’s mother’s place I am the only guy stupid enough o do all the work lol

There is about 65 acres we also picked up the place across the creek to the south it has a big tree house on the creek on it that is pretty cool.

There is some. Ice river frontage too with a great spring that has never run dry that we have heard.

Those pics taken from maps were burnt up hot times, I bet it's nice and green now

It is really nice and green spent 2 days on the tractor shredding already and more to go

Don't know if anyone posted this but early Sunday morning of the ride is Daylight Savings Time change over....

Maybe the time change will allow an extra hour to drink ?

Jorge, be careful offering, I plan on being out every weekend up to the event getting things ready, if you are looking for a little manual labor I would be happy to find something for you to do :)

I also want to work on laying out some type of slow speed obstacle course that will be a little challenging for the bigger bikes then some things like log jumping for the smaller bikes. If anybody wants to help one of these weekends that would be great. I have a lot of railroad ties and a couple of downed trees I have been saving for this purpose.

There was someone on this site that attended the BMW Adventure training class and had the specs on how to lay it out, would be fun to see what they did.

awesome I'm completely book this weekend (family friend weeding and is my daughter moving day in Austin). after that I'll seek permit from my Boss (wife) to meet you over your property and find out what you need me to do.
should I bring a chain saw with me???

Not a problem at all, several more weeks to go. You are welcome to bring one, but I have a couple and don't plan on cutting too much, but you never know. I will spend some time looking around trying to think where we could do this. I was thinking in the pasture, but now I am thinking down by the river in the heavy tree area might be fun, but the grass may be too thick. Will take a look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back