• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'll Be Back!

Reaction score
First Name
DAMON
Last Name
KELLY
hi every one at the site.
well i recently had a 2003 silver vfr honda interceptor that i bought at woods honda fun center in austin texas.
the day i joined this forum i totaled my bike when a person pulling a dual axel trailer with nothing in it thank god. i hit the front right side of the trailer my right knee folded in the right side of the gas tank and then i was spun through the air and landed in the back of the trailer with a torn ACL, MCL, AND LCL, ouch oh and my right thumb was dislocated, but helmet and jacket
with boots un scaved. i am going to rehab and plan on buying a GSXR when i get better. rode motocross for years and have owened six other street bikes i raced mountain bikes x-country and downhill, bmx, snowboard,wakeboard,soccer,etc...this is not fist injury but it is my first street bike wreck.
if you play hard then you will pay hard?
see ya in about 8 months. have good rides and dont trust anyone.

After all that, it's kind of surprising that you want to get a GSXR, but no bike will provide you with immunity from further mishaps. That's more a function of the software than the hardware. ;-)

Good luck with the rehab and hope to see you back here when you're better. :thumb:

So sorry to hear about the accident but great to hear that when you're all healed up you will be getting back on two wheels. Good luck with everything.

The Guy That Pulled Across My Lane Is A 47 Year Old Game Wardon Captin That Just Did Not See Me. Texas Eximpt Tags On The Trailer And He Got A Ticket For Failer To Yield Right-of-way, I Have A Lawyer And The Guys Insurance Will Not Pay Intill I Get All Better And Then They Will Settel. The Acident Took Place On Park Road 4 In Burnet County Right Infront Of The Inks Park Entrance At 4:30 Pm And The Sun Was Right In The Wardons Eyes. My Bike Was Silver And He Did Not See Me. He Waited Till I Was Reliesed From The Hospital That Night, He Was Glad I Was O.k. And Had Tears In His Eyes. The Last Thing He Said To Me Was "don't Worry About The Bike We Will Take Care Of It", Ya Right!

Just a helpful hint.. You must have everything done in 2 yrs. Or you will get nothing.. Found out the hard way.. The lawyer should keep up with things.
Most Game Wardens I know are good guys.. (Dads retired) so I use to know a lot of them.

The Guy Was Very Nice And I Know It Was An Acident.
When I Saw Him I Made Sure To Let Him Know That I Would Never Be Mad At Him And No Hard Feelings We Shook Hands And All Is Good.
I Just Want To Ride.

Ahh! It was one of those 47 year old guys - you just can't trust 'em! ;-)

glad to hear you're (relatively) ok! hope all works out with the insurance....i've heard some real horror stories about dealing with those people.:eek2:

scratch said:
Ahh! It was one of those 47 year old guys - you just can't trust 'em! ;-)
They used to say that about folks over 30... :-P

Good luck sketter with the recovery and repairs...

Hope you heal up Skeeter, the solution to your mishap might not be a faster bike. Get the bike fixed and watch out for people of any age, they just don't see us.

Ok I Did Not Mean That 47 Was Old And Not To Trust Old People My Point Was That It Does Not Matter Who You Are Watch Out For Cages, My Bike Was Totaled And I Want A New One And I Can Pick Any Bike I Want After All I Will Be Riding It Not Any One Ealse. I Dont Care What Someone Rides Our Their Skill Level Its About Having Fun. I Am 35 And Not Young Our Old I Guess?

I was just joking with you. I'm 47 and readily admit to doing stupid things from time to time, so no offense intended or taken. I genuinely wish you all the best with your recovery and new bike! :thumb:

Thanks I Am New To The Site And Don't Want To Step On Toes.

No problem; I've got tough toes. They got that way from lots of stumbling. ;-)

scratch said:
I was just joking with you. I'm 47
Geez, ya had me fooled. You're barely behind me. And I'm barely behind Chuck. So that puts you in near AARP territory. ;-)
Enroll early and you discounts on the latest aluminum walkers. :rofl:

Texas T said:
Geez, ya had me fooled.
Thank you very much!

(I'll ignore the rest of your response. :-P)

Texas T said:
Geez, ya had me fooled. You're barely behind me. And I'm barely behind Chuck. So that puts you in near AARP territory. ;-)
Enroll early and you discounts on the latest aluminum walkers. :rofl:

It sure is nice having you young guys on the forum! :-P

Back