• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Helmets...with "sun visors"

I picked up the Sy Max II from New Enough and am very happy with it. The sun shade visor works really well and even covers my big old guy glasses confortably.

I did not like the feel of the SyMax II, even just in the store. I guess my head just doesn't fit that helmet line.

I did not like the feel of the SyMax II, even just in the store. I guess my head just doesn't fit that helmet line.

Know where your coming from. Shoei s I had were a really round hat and I use to have to scrape out some in the front to kinda oval it out or it hurt my forehead big time. HJCs seem to fit it just right.

My old Shoei was a bit tight around the forehead as well. My HJC CL-Max fits almost perfectly. I may look at the new Sy-Max next year, unless I find a really good deal on one.

I really liked my Caberg Justissimo(sp?) internal visor, but it just didn't vent very well, and placing communications in it was a pain contrary to specs :doh: So it was donated to a certain TWT rider :rider:

Where it has seen many miles of use but has been collecting dust since I've gone back to a full face. I'm considering the EXO-1000... :trust:

Tried on a N103 yesterday. They seem a little smaller, I wear a XL in the N102 and had to try a XXL in the newer lid. Weight is about the same. It's pricier, but with increased shipping that isn't a huge surprise. But it's starting to get priced into the lower end of Shoei and Arai, and it suffers by comparison. Worth noting, it looks like they changed the way the helmet kit interfaces with the various modules, so you probably won't be able to transfer electronics from one to the other. No idea why they did that, it was a deal killer for me, especially since it's still mono.

I also tried on an Arai full face at the suggestion of the shop guy, and was pleasantly surprised at the fit and low weight. My glasses slid in without problem, a major reason why I go with modulars. Alas, no internal sunshade yet, but I'll keep my eye open for an Arai with one, apparently they fit my head.

Where it has seen many miles of use but has been collecting dust since I've gone back to a full face. I'm considering the EXO-1000... :trust:

It's a real nice helmet... speaker pockets... inflates to hold in place... real lite... internal visor is great!

It's a real nice helmet... inflates to hold in place... real lite...

And from what I was told at MotoLiberty, having a recall because of the inflating thing. Not a safety factor, just something wasn't working right in that feature and they decided to recall them and repair/replace.

I don't have any hard proof on that, just what I was told.

Just bought the Caberg 104 for a spare......

Couldn't pass up on the deal......Will put in my 2 cents after a few rides....

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydir...ABERG/Class3/Full Face Helmets/Class2/Helmets...

:rider:

2 weeks later:

Helmet fit and finish is nice......Fits a little small, and hope it "wear in" as time goes by........internal sunshade is great......bottom of the helmet just rubs my chin, but I can live with that.....fairly loud compared to my HJC, even with the supplied chin and nose deflector......

Last edited:
Back