• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vintage Yamaha Roadracer Project

I always loved the old RD's, go for it! Now all I have to do is squeeze my lard ***** into the new leathers......

Got everything finalized, pulled it off the workstand and rode it around the neighborhood. Planning first track day October 3rd in Angleton. :rider:

Attachments

• DSC01730.jpg
    DSC01730.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC01734.jpg
    DSC01734.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 245
Thanks, it came out much better than I expected, glad I did this. Now I just hope I don't wad it on the first track day next month! I put a video camera on it, so at least it'll be documented.

Nice looking bike. Hope to see you @ CMRA this or next year. I think that is Clubman legal. And Classic for sure.

JMLUSA - I'd get an RD350 or 400 if you want to road race. 250 parts are harder to find and they are quite a bit slower. They look the same though.

I still have my 1st road racer, it is a '73 RD350 w/ a 400 motor in it. Puts out 64hp to the rear wheel.

For some reason I can't post the pic, but it is here >>> http://vonhertell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=29

4th picture over and 6th down

Yep!!! NICE pic and Great lookin Bike. It's the blue one w/ the boy on it, Right? If so, That's what I'm thinking I want to race in Clubman and the Vintage classes! I love those old bikes and I think it would be so fun to race one that's not Just about power but nostalgia. Thanks for the advice! :)

Survived the first track day! I had trouble with the ignition blackbox which shortened my day, but I managed to get the suspension and controls dialed in and almost passed a Ducati when the ignation failed. OK, it was a very slow Ducati, but........

Attachments

• MSR 2010 1.jpg
    MSR 2010 1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 174
  • MSR 2010 2.jpg
    MSR 2010 2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 166
  • MSR 2010 3.jpg
    MSR 2010 3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 177
Fantastic! Well, not the black box thing, but otherwise.... Great shots and great weather.

great looking XS project! Let's hear a video of the cam/exhaust when you get it dialed in. I'm working on a stock XS850 special triple. Really love it as is, but would like to open it up a bit. Maybe some cone exhaust? Unfortunately this model has the non-jettable carbs so maybe shouldn't mess with it? Does that make a 3-1 out of the question?
What tires do you like for these bikes?
Also looking for a good, modern, aftermarket 14mm front brake master cylinder option. Affordable, well engineered, good look. Got a super cheap one direct from China through ebay which was none of those things (except really cheap).
Keep on rolling!

Back