• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boots, socks & Moto liberty...

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Peyton
So I finally decided to get a REAL pair of boots. Heard a lot of good about Sidi, so that's what I had in mind, but I knew
I needed to try them on before I decided. So where's a person to go? Why Moto Liberty in San Antonio, of course!!!

I get there, and Nathan is helpful as always. He had a few different boots for me to try. Turns out the Sidis are too
narrow for me. Boy am I glad I didn't just order a pair from the web, sight unseen, fit untried. Nice boots, but not
comfortable for me at all. I try a few others, but decide on these:

https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=860

The Alpinestars SMX-5's. They fit great! Comfortable as all get out! If you have a wide foot, especially toward the toe
area, this is a boot to try!!

213e8253.jpg

Since I bought them, I've ridden two all day rides in them & they are as comfortable at the end of the days as they are at the beginning. I can't believe how good they feel.

We even went into a grocery store at one point & shopped around a bit while I was wearing them. Very comfortable to
walk around in.

504d84df.jpg

Great boot and the price is good. And of course, you can never go wrong with Moto Liberty. And by the way, those are
my work pants. I wanted to show how a normal pant leg fits over the boot just fine. And yes, that's a doggie toy under
my couch. :mrgreen:

I also bought a pair of boot socks, you know the over priced, special thread, sweat wicking kind? Yep, that's them...
But I'm glad I did. Nice socks!! Kept the old feet feeling good all day.

Give 'em a try, your feet will thank you!!

These are them (couldn't find them on ML's site??):

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-summer-touring-socks?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Socks&utm_keyword=alpinestars-summer-touring-socks#

:thumb::thumb:

My race boots are Astars and are VERY comfortable. Need to get a zipper repaired so I can wear them again but could go all day on the bike, walk around all weekend and never get tired of them.

Looking to get a pair that I can wear as work shoes that will go with slacks and will probably stick with Astars.

And they hold up in adverse weather pretty well.

Would be interested in how these hold their shape after a few months. Mine stretched a little but not to the point I couldn't wear them.

Good on ya. :thumb:

Maverick

Finding good boots that fit YOUR feet is important. Next tine you are at ML have a look at their branded socks, they are DeFeet MotoSox. I love mine. My yardstick is if I forget I have them on then they are working and these fit that category. Keep my feet cool in summer and warm in winter:thumb:

Back