• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My New Super Tenere!

I had one, and it's a great bike. I think in photos from the Iron Butt Rally, I recall seeing a two up Tenere in the competition. So, must not be too bad.

I realize I'm digging up an OLD thread, but just wanted to ask how comfy the bike is for 2 up riding? Thinking about getting one of these with the intent of a cross country ride next year. Thanks.

I also had one, and it was a great bike. The one thing I needed to replace was the seat. It was not good for me for long touring. I got the BMS seat foam and cover and all was right..:lol2:

Was surprised to get an email update about this thread!

I've yet to do a multi-day trip with my wife on board but we have done longer days (e.g. 350 mile day including plenty of dirt county roads). I wouldn't say it's like riding on a couch, but overall the comfort level is very good. Her only complaint was heat on her left boot (near the exhaust).

I did a 9-day loop up through CO, UT, AZ and the bike handled beautifully. Very comfortable and capable. Only bike ever that, after over a year, I've not even slightly considered replacing.

Here's mine in west Texas in route to New Mexico. Only problem was with seat, its the low plus I removed the rubber bumpers on the aft side of the underside of the pan and added beads cover.

Attachments

• Super T.jpg
    Super T.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 224
Back