• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New 1000 V-STROM

Hi, Thierry. Haven't seen you around much, lately. Yes, there's been a lot of interest revolving around the new 1000. Can't wait.

Interesting how it now looks similar to the Triumph and BMWs. The muffler still looks huge to me, but so do a lot of them out there. I really like how Erik Buell was able to stuff the muffler under the bike and get the muffler out of the way on the Buells.

Hi Tim,you're right I read more than I post because I'm fed up with my broken English.Anyway I saw my suzuki dealer yesterday and he told me I could try the bike probably in November.I'm not a great fan of the design of the bike(above all the front)but it must be great to ride it.The price would be around 12,000 euros and I won't be able to afford it...just dreaming!It's ok I do love my 650 V-strom wich runs perfectly every day and I can enjoy riding on our wonderful roads on sundays so why should I complain about myself?Just say Thank you God I have a good bike,a job,a great wife and a cute grandson and I quit smoking 3 months ago!

The difference between a 12,000 Euro VStrom and an 8,000 Euro VStrom is probably 2 or 3 years. In other words, you have the option of being patient and waiting for a used one to show up in a few years.

At least in writing, your English is fine. I personally am neither brave enough nor foolish enough to test my German on a European forum.

Back