• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Hi Johny.
I been working on a DIY murphy bed all week...Father's day snuck up on me...so today, as much as I'd LOVE to join you and others at Emma Long, I'm going to ride into downtown Austin to check out this annual event.

elclassico-edited-3_orig.jpg

2688611_orig.jpg

Y'all should go check it out if you can. East side of downtown, now gentrified.
Hope to see the usual gang from Billy's.
http://www.eastsideclassicatx.com/

I popped in for a min some interesting bikes and a lot of interesting people. Didn't hang out long decided to do a little hill country ride alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried to psyche myself up for a second lap but just couldn't bring myself to do it after remembering how much I had to rest to just get through my first lap. But it was fun as ever. Looking forward to the cooler weather again.

Met someone there who rides an Aprilia dirt bike. Never saw a 2 cylinder dirt bike before that was pretty neat.

Strong chance I'll be going out in the morning again. I haven't posted up as I'm usually on the trail at 0 dark thirty. :lol2:

I try to be home by 8:30 AM about the time the family is waking up so it keeps everyone happy and with my wife's health issues it just makes everything a little easier.

Got a decent ride in before I started having issues with my clutch not engaging/disengaging so I got off the trail and rode home. 30 minutes later it started pouring rain. :lol2:

I can't ride Saturday but can on Sunday. Are you talking trials or enduro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rode Saturday and Sunday morning. Both great days. On Sunday I was on the main loop when I ran into 2 guys on the trail looking a little confused and disheartened. :brainsnap One was on a DR650 wearing a T-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and zero protective gear except a road helmet. The other was on a DRZ400E. At least he had jeans on and work boots that went over his ankles. They asked me if the whole area was this rocky. I smiled and politely said yes. They asked me a bunch of questions about riding City Park and in the Austin area in general. I told them what I knew. I also told them that in my opinion they were not dressed for riding City Park and I was happy to lead them out. :deal: Eventually they decided to turnaround and go back the way they came to get out. They hadn't gotten very far from where they came in. I felt bad for them but was glad they turned around as it looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

To each his own but there's a reason I look like a Power Ranger when I ride. I'd like to ride again soon and not wait to heal. I went off the front of the bike this last ride and came down on my right arm going down a hill. I stood up, brushed myself off and thought to myself, I'm so thankful to have this gear. Very minor scrape, back on the bike to enjoy another hour of riding before heading home. :flip:

Last edited:
Rode Saturday and Sunday morning. Both great days. On Sunday I was on the main loop when I ran into 2 guys on the trail looking a little confused and disheartened. :brainsnap One was on a DR650 wearing a T-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and zero protective gear except a road helmet. The other was on a DRZ400E. At least he had jeans on and work boots that went over his ankles. They asked me if the whole area was this rocky. I smiled and politely said yes. They asked me a bunch of questions about riding City Park and in the Austin area in general. I told them what I knew. I also told them that in my opinion they were not dressed for riding City Park and I was happy to lead them out. :deal: Eventually they decided to turnaround and go back the way they came to get out. They hadn't gotten very far from where they came in. I felt bad for them but was glad they turned around as it looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

To each his own but there's a reason I look like a Power Ranger when I ride. I'd like to ride again soon and not wait to heal. I went off the front of the bike this last ride and came down on my right arm going down a hill. I stood up, brushed myself off and thought to myself, I'm so thankful to have this gear. Very minor scrape, back on the bike to enjoy another hour of riding before heading home. :flip:

Amen to that, I was riding the Bastrop trails a couple of weeks ago and came around a corner and in a split second, my front tire washed out and sent me flying high side where I landed on my outstretched hands first (ouch) and then slid on the rocks and gravel on my arms, helmet face and knees. I was very thankful I had full protective gear on and while my hand did hurt, I was able to get up and keep riding for another hour or so before heading home.

I make it a point to fall down almost every time I start the dirt bike... lots of gear for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Weather man said no rain in the morning. Woke up and it was pouring. Going to try a little later today if I can get a kitchen pass.

Sunrise is 6:56 tomorrow morning. I'll be on the trail right around that time or a little earlier as my headlight works well enough at dusk. Will ride for about 1.5 hours before it gets hot.

Last edited:
Was out on the trail at sunrise and about 10 minutes into the ride when I started hearing a clanking sound. Discovered one of the bolts under the seat that supports the muffler was missing. Thankfully I was able to get back on the street and go home and make repairs. Family was at an activity so I headed back and got another hour and a half ride in. I discovered a cut off that basically goes through the middle of the park and dumps out at the parking lot. While I'm glad to know that it's there I probably won't ride it again because you miss a bunch of the cool stuff.

Last edited:
Back