• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to TWT

Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Smith
just an introduction.....
New here, but not to riding. 45-50 years of riding various types of bikes. Look forward to more ideas/knowledge to be gained here.:rider:

Hmm, are you the RSmith that I pm'd with back in November or so on the K1600 forum? Either way, welcome to the site. I'm the same screen name over there too. My college roommate was from Littlefield.

Hmm, are you the RSmith that I pm'd with back in November or so on the K1600 forum? Either way, welcome to the site. I'm the same screen name over there too. My college roommate was from Littlefield.

Yes sir, the one and the same. RSmith on K1600 forum and R1200GS forum. rsmith56 here and AdvRider forum.

I think you were the one who suggested I sign up here. We had Pm'd some as I had been making a trip or two to Round Rock to see my baby girl.:giveup:

Thanks for the welcome! Most of my forum experience has been on K1600 Forum. Great folks over there (even the ones that aren't Texans). Look forward to the same here.:sun:

Yes sir, the one and the same. RSmith on K1600 forum and R1200GS forum. rsmith56 here and AdvRider forum.

I think you were the one who suggested I sign up here. We had Pm'd some as I had been making a trip or two to Round Rock to see my baby girl.:giveup:

Great, and CDC from K1600 is on here too. There may be others, but there aren't too many K1600 riders here. Our closet Pie Run to you was just a week or so ago in Hico. There is a rally in the Possum Kingdom area in the spring. Good for the GS. They are still finalizing the dates, I think.

Welcome to TWT Roland. Jealous that you are so close to New Mexico.:rider: Bet you have crossed over that way more than a couple of times? KP

Welcome to TWT Roland. Jealous that you are so close to New Mexico.:rider: Bet you have crossed over that way more than a couple of times? KP

State line is about 40 mi due west. I do go to New Mexico often. We have a place at Ruidoso ( get to do a little of NMBDR). My closest BMW dealer is Santa Fe, 275 mi.

Welcome to the site, 'mostly' good people, as we have a bunch of dirt riders... :trust:

Hey CDC, Woodbutcher said you were a member here too. Am just rsmith on the k1600 forum. Trying to do a little catching up here. Best that I can tell, I'm way out west from most of the goings on.

Hey CDC, Woodbutcher said you were a member here too. Am just rsmith on the k1600 forum. Trying to do a little catching up here. Best that I can tell, I'm way out west from most of the goings on.

You may be way out from Central Texas, but much closer to nicer roads!
I'm sure there are TWT members around Lubbock.

Welcome. Good folks here.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

State line is about 40 mi due west. I do go to New Mexico often. We have a place at Ruidoso ( get to do a little of NMBDR). My closest BMW dealer is Santa Fe, 275 mi.

Ya been thru there on the way to NM. Man I bet I would have to make the ride every other weekend.:rider: So many nice roads that way. The 38 circle is one of my favorites.

Ya been thru there on the way to NM. Man I bet I would have to make the ride every other weekend.:rider: So many nice roads that way. The 38 circle is one of my favorites.

You must be talking about the "Enchanted Circle "; Taos, Angel Fire, and Red River? The are many northern NM great rides. Found an unpaved one into Angel Fire last year in the rain and hail, riding a StreetGlide. Not the right bike.:doh:

Littlefield ... I chewed dirt around Seminole on an XT360 in the 70s.

Welcome to the site ... roll up yer sleeves and dive in.

Littlefield ... I chewed dirt around Seminole on an XT360 in the 70s.

Welcome to the site ... roll up yer sleeves and dive in.

If you rode the dirt around Seminole, then you do KNOW about sand........:rider:

Back