• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

thank you sir! It was great too get you and Thibodeauxjj out! It had been too long since the last ride!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dam BF I had a brain fart, my wife had plans for me. I forgot, my dog ate my homework. actually I finished by 12 today and prob could have caught some of the ride with you all.

bad news for this weekend... working around a granddaughter visit. If i ride, it may be a last minute plan...

Next weekend is looking better... the weekend after... another grandpa weekend...

Trying too get back to regular rides!

Saturday Morning 7/17 Ride

Here's a proposed route for Saturday,

213 miles, 4:18 road time (according to Tyre)

Meet at Love's in Cleveland on 59

KSU @ 0830

fuel stop at the Alabama Coushatta Smoke Shop, about 120 miles in.

Back to Love's around 1:30 or 2:00...

All details subject to change based on input (I'm flexible)...

The route is similar to the route we took a couple of weeks ago, with the top of the loop cut down to going through Legget, and added 222 into Coldspring, with a return via 945 instead of slabbing down 59.

Who is in?
feedback appreciate as well!

how about a map?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 158
We'll catch up with you on the next one!

looks like 2 of us right now...

2 others are "maybe"... we'll see!

it's probably going to be a little warm... but should be a good ride!

Just got a confirm from one of the FZ1OA guys... sounds like we have a third!

Maybe we'll see LeloTX as well!

Well... LeloTX made it for a chat, but couldn't ride... We'll catch you on the next run. Nice new bike!

Thibodeauxjj, Jeff (from FZ1OA) and i did the ride... and it did get warm! 96 on the weather station when i got home.

Cagers had us jammed up on 224, but mostly good.

I'm tied up for the next 2 weekends, but we'll get another one going soon!

It was great to meet Jeff, but he bugged out a little early... the full leather gear was roasting him...

Good to get out again... the clouds and shade in the forest helped a lot!

Great ride, great guys!

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I'm Peter, in Eagle Springs. This is where I've been riding, mostly. Usually haul the FJ up to Cleveland, then up Hill's Store Road to a similar loop.

Trailer a FJR from Atascocita to Cleveland? That sure seems like a lot of hassle. Them FJR's are built for miles anyway. I could show you a very nice route from Lake Houston weaving backroads up there.

Yep... I Dr got a few of those roads in routes as well!

I'm in Walden, not far at all from eagle springs. Well have to connect for the next ride!

Back