• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GLEN ROSE RUN - North Texas Ride - June 10, 2017

Will do. As soon as you nail down a meeting/star point...I will send out group email.

Will do. As soon as you nail down a meeting/star point...I will send out group email.

Disregard...I just saw that "Brookshires" is the start point. Will send out email tomorrow. Thanks.

Re: North Texas Ride - June 10, 2017

i will be on the continental divide ride, so maybe catch you in july. There is also a dirty ride going to jacksboro, i do not have the gpx file for it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As will I be. Someday I will make one of these.

Video of all water crossings is being uploaded to YouTube at this time. Had to make the run in the van, but the gravel west of 144 was in great shape. Link will be put up when fully uploaded.

Here's the link. https://youtu.be/U-hfqdw2sQA
Best viewed with the sound off. I'm still learning this editing stuff.

Last edited:
Should of added the video in a seprate post.
b889cedf8fc4094937d6694a961e93a6.jpg
6a59572a1fcae95961bb8a67f8c7a858.jpg
5a23a4205ed0cf856c3a37ac995c633c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What the H-E-double toothpix is going on with you and bearings? That's cray cray man.

Luv the pic with zebras. Purty cool.

Wow..this is going to be a great ride!
Thanks cletus for the recon.

Is there a better place to start from..meaning if people brought there bikes on a trailer, is there somewhere local they would not mind if we left them for the day?

I'll do some checking. I did receive the new bearings for the KTM wheel on my Guzzi, but I installed 2 on each side instead of one and a seal. Having more bike weight, plus the sidecar, adding more stress to the bearings, there is always that guy sitting in the saddle to consider.

If you watch closely the movement of the van at the last water crossing, you will notice that the back end tried to step out and I was easy on the throttle.

As Cleatus states in his video, the last 2 water crossings where on the Redneck ramble, that last crossing is very very slippery, everyone that drove across the river bed (NOT on the concrete road) to the right hand side of the concrete path (so you come out where the silver pickup is parked in the video) passed without falling, the few that tried to cross on the concrete all fell!! Ride in the stones and gravel (River bed) to the right of the concrete!! The second from last water crossing was really popular with locals, there were a lot of people paddling and playing in the river so watch your speed and noise when crossing, you don't want to piss off the locals!! It's a long crossing, but not very deep and was not too slippery. Have fun!!

Gary

A good starting place would be Blackies Bait shop in Walnut Springs. It is a motorcycle hang-out with Food and Beer. Cool place. Great owner. Great roads in all directions.

Well the starting point needs to be Glen Rose. I was wondering if there was someones home, land or business nearby where people could leave a trailer and truck should they trailer down.

After seeing the video and pictures...the 250 guys dont want to miss out on this ride.

OK Guys and Gals,
Its Ten days out from the ride.

AT its LONGEST RIDE its 186 Miles.

IF we decide to cut it short it will be 152 Miles...which would be my shortest ride yet.

We will not be short of water crossings on this ride, and 80 percent of the ride should be on gravel or dirt.

Please start sending me emails, posting or private messages if you are going to be going. This way I can get a head count. I think I will trailer down to a friends house which is about 20 miles from the start point. I will have two open spots on the trailer for the 250 size bikes or 1 other large bike. I will leave from Irving.

Chris, there is a restaurant right off the main drag (Hwy 67) called Big Cup Eatery. I think it is normally open from 6 AM to 10 PM last I knew but things do change. if so it could be an effective take off and landing point with a chance for people to get breakfast or dinner (before and after the ride) and there are a couple fuel stations within a block of the location so everyone can be gassed up in every manner. The address is 226 NW Big Bend Trail, Glenrose TX 76043.

That restaurant is at the corner of 67 and 56. Gas stops are well spaced in Hico, Iredell and Walnut Springs.

Here is a small change that will add just a little gravel with out adding miles. We can just cross 6 instead of turning right to Iredell. It is the red south of 6.
59377e1b5a4a30f37f030349778a8ce8.jpg

OK Guys and Gals,
Its Ten days out from the ride.

AT its LONGEST RIDE its 186 Miles.

IF we decide to cut it short it will be 152 Miles...which would be my shortest ride yet.

We will not be short of water crossings on this ride, and 80 percent of the ride should be on gravel or dirt.

Please start sending me emails, posting or private messages if you are going to be going. This way I can get a head count. I think I will trailer down to a friends house which is about 20 miles from the start point. I will have two open spots on the trailer for the 250 size bikes or 1 other large bike. I will leave from Irving.

My 690 Enduro is almost that size. Is there room for me and my bike?

Back