• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Deal of the Century

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38627&item=2448077887

This one was listed on Motorcyle Trader from another location a while back for $5600. I tried to call the number and it was not a working number. The next day the ad was gone.
Same exact description.

I looked this item up just now and got the following message from E-Bay,

Invalid Item
The item you requested (2447932889) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

:tab Recently there have been a lot of bike sale scams going on at Ebay recently. I have been seeing posts about them in several different forums and on several different email lists. As with this one, the tip off is that it is usually to good to be true, also the buy it now is popular. If the seller claims to be out of the country and wants you to send the money via western union it is likely a scam. Some people have no shame :roll:

:tab But ohhh wouldn't that Aprilia be fun!! :twisted:

Adios,

This has been really big of late. A co-worker found this "great deal" on a Harley thru Cylcle Trader, the owner was in Europe and wanted money wired to an escrow account while the bike was shipped over. My co-worker went to local grocery store to wire the money thru Western Union. Western Union later called him and told him to pick up his money as they would not do business with this broker.

He later went to escrow.com who said they would not do the transaction either. I've heard this same scam is going on with auto's too.

I've had good luck on ebay, but this kinda stuff makes you wonder. You really have to check who your dealing with these days.

:tab Your coworker seems to have been pretty determined! :lol: Did someone finally clue him in on the scam?

Adios,

I think he was just checking w/ escrow.com to see what they'd say. He did seem to want the bike pretty bad, but I think (hope) that the Western Union concern would have scared him enough to give up.

Back