• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First Ride in Texas

Tx Ex

Reaction score
This isnt' technically an intro, because I've posted before, but I just moved to TX and had my first ride this morning.

I now live in the Frisco/Plano/McKinney area and was a bit disappointed by how straight the roads are here.

I logged onto Yahoo maps and looked for a curvy road. Found one! Apparently it is very popular, because I passed about 10 -15 other bikes on my route.

I took 289 north to 94 east and then 543 back to 75. Nice route. :rider:

Any other roads I should check out in my new stomping grounds?

Welcome to Texas! I'm not familiar with your area, but there are plenty on this site who are. Once they get back from riding this weekend, I'm sure you will get plenty of suggestions.

If you like to ride hard, think about getting a track day in. There are several on this site involved in racing.

:welcome:back to the site. I don't know the roads north of Dallas, but we have some pretty nice road south and west of Fort Worth. Check around Cleburne, Glen Rose, Granbury, Weatherford, and Hillsboro.

Get thee to Arkansas... :-P

Welcome back!

check east or west side of dallas, plenty of twisties to ride in...
look along the I30 between dallas and Greenville, any FM road is usually nice to ride on...

catch you on the road... :)

Back