• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"Scout" my new ride

F-Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Picked up my new CRF-1000 Africa Twin a short while ago. Since then, I have been getting to know her and more of the "Hill Country."
Here is Scout leaving the dealer.
8c5f7db53136399457d95ced78df9b85.jpg

Since then I have installed Rox bar risers, SW-Motech rack, grip puppies, and 1,600 miles on her.

9541458b389b592f57b495d956206efc.jpg

Excellent color. I can concur the more you ride it the better it does get.
Mine will be going to Northern Arkansas for the next 8 days and nights.

Haven't had much time to get up and real personnel with her yet but one time.

she acted very predicable in hi speed mannerisms @1400 miles. full tire pressure.

tires look well kinda good actually... which is unfortunate cant wait till a new and more exciting tires line up at my door step because I AM giving her break-in heck on those awfully newish tires.
Everything else is in specification and working out (Stock) no new farkles as of yet ! Which have been calling my name a time or two on occasion (during a slip and- slide affair) lol . YES well more dirt is needed but first things first tire wearing out slowly but that is now changing due to the wonderful twisty ash fault roads and dirt AR routes through the Boston mtns and national forest up there soon to be releasing some vacation time and trying to have some fun in between fill-ups . hope you enjoy these great outdoors now is the time to go ride for me anyways ENJOY and be SAFE out there between eating and sleeping and more ridin pic of bike is my avatar
CHEERS

Fly - Enjoy the AR trip. I imagine it will be stunning this time of year. I have fond memories of youthfull summers on my Grandfathers farm in Alpena.

What kind of luggage are you going with?

F-Ride-
R/R at Buffalo Wilderness Ranch And Adventure Park in Kingston.
my 2nd in about 2 months. Would highly recommend it !
"its that good or AWESOME you might say"

Trailer both bikes-taking off from there on ranch to peaks,cliffs. hiking down my points of interest there looking down 300ft cliffs level at the tree tops with my YZ 250 X bike-to-hike and back expeditions. Camelback full of wholesome goodness by the way and refreshments.
Few waterfalls didn't see the first time around.

D/S the back roads in between fill-ups on the CRF 1000.

Luggage i have is soft baggage similar to the Tea bag. BUT..

Very large Tank bag and large back pack-Camel-back will be my luggage.
i do see a soft saddle bags in my future though -For bug out rides that my schedule will allow these days. Maybe we could get interested group of riders to post some 4-7 day expeditionary type riding .... might be fun !
and sounds like you know the area as well but with winter quickly settling in those type of plans would be for the spring time and when my old bones heal back up lol .. CHEERS

Nice, congrats.

I picked up a CRF1000D last weekend from Woods in Austin, only miles are test-rides, store-home, and a loop to River Road - Canyon Lake/NB. Been too wet to ride recently because, from research, I don't trust the stock rubber.

A break in the rain gave me a chance to test the new upgrades today.
Footpegs - Knight Design: just over an inch lower from stock, and much larger. Detail 3 & 4 show the flat portion, where aligns with brake (inboard -alignment) is about 3/8 difference. They have a great platform, & offer a bit more traction than stock without making it difficult to move your feet around. Very nice standing position

5442e239bdc52457c9e4347678bf19bd.jpg

Barkbusters are phase one of three in the protection upgrade area. They installed ok once I loosened up the stock lever clamps to make room to fit new components around them. The wind protection is minimal, may need to upgrade to Storm series...

bea0d9fcebaed9db5701ddd44c58fb7d.jpg

Subing, looking forward to seeing what you do. I think we need a dedicated CRF thread for this stuff.

A break in the rain gave me a chance to test the new upgrades today.
Footpegs - Knight Design: just over an inch lower from stock, and much larger. Detail 3 & 4 show the flat portion, where aligns with brake (inboard -alignment) is about 3/8 difference. They have a great platform, & offer a bit more traction than stock without making it difficult to move your feet around. Very nice standing position.

:thumb:

b4d7e031c59def65fb9746ef3fc1354e.jpg

Outback-Motortek crash bars, SW-Motech skid plate & Center Stand. Went with the SW stand because it can have a skid plate extension added.

How do you like the center stand? I was thinking of adding on to my DR.

It works fine. At first I thought it was overly tall, but as I compared height to the stock centerstand photos, they seem close. The AT likes to raise the rear tire about 2" off the ground! I chose this stand because you can add a skid plate cover to the bottom of the stand. Although I haven't done that yet - lol.

Nice bike. [emoji106]

Jealous of your skid plate. It's next, just felt urge to get alarm installed first.
And then a long list of things I'd want but probably won't do until after warranty :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back