• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

hello from h-town

Reaction score
hi, new to the forum here.

i go to U.H., i enjoy tinkering with my bike as much as riding it.

241848530_e0662c0a7e.jpg

Welcome Paul!

I live near Wayside and Lawndale, not too far from UofH. Keep an eye out for the rides.:rider:

slow = cautious
cautious = safe
safe = ongoing FUN!

Welcome Aboard!

I really dig that generation of the naked SVs! I much prefer the rounded edges on the frame, seat and bodywork as opposed to the newer stealth fighter styling so popular on many new bikes. I think I would love to have a nekkid SV650. The SVS is a bit cramped in the legs for me, but the nekkid has a wee bit more room. The fun factor is up there too :twisted:

Welcome to the site :wave:

Tourmeister said:
I really dig that generation of the naked SVs! I much prefer the rounded edges on the frame, seat and bodywork as opposed to the newer stealth fighter styling so popular on many new bikes. I think I would love to have a nekkid SV650. The SVS is a bit cramped in the legs for me, but the nekkid has a wee bit more room. The fun factor is up there too :twisted:

Welcome to the site :wave:
thanks, and i just love a v-twin sound, over any practical reasons :mrgreen:

Looks like a bike I saw at Ming's a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome.

Paul, Nice meeting you last night at Ming's. Great bike.
Hope to see ya 'round....there's not too many of us "inner-loopers" on here. ;)

-Mark

hey mark, nice to meet you as well. glad you liked my bike, it's an ongoing project which i'm sure you can relate to. i'm sure you've got tools aplenty, but i've got a ton of stuff (besides any welding tools that aren't in a tube with the letters j-b :) and am always willing to help out (and need help too :), so if you ever need anything or want to come over and have a beer, send me an email sometime, shiftless_oneder at yahoo dot com

onespeedpaul said:
hey mark, nice to meet you as well. glad you liked my bike, it's an ongoing project which i'm sure you can relate to. i'm sure you've got tools aplenty, but i've got a ton of stuff (besides any welding tools that aren't in a tube with the letters j-b :) and am always willing to help out (and need help too :), so if you ever need anything or want to come over and have a beer, send me an email sometime, shiftless_oneder at yahoo dot com

Definately. There's always stuff to be done...and usually some stories to tell over a bike in pieces.
We've got two garages on my street (the Canadian's and mine)...and more tools than we know how to use! (but always going to the store for the one I DONT have!)
Talk to ya soon.
...."that Eye-talian bike is AIR cooooled, they put oil lines eeeverywhere so it cools itself! It's just fine!"

I think it was a full moon or something ;)

hahaha! full moon indeed. i was thinking: this guy's probably gonna punch me if i keep laughing in his face, but he was so mad, how could i stop.

i just spent two hours in the garage hacking an old header in two and putting it back together the way i thought it should have been in the first place. you or your friend have access to weld stainless? i go to a shop on the west side of shepherd kind of near candelari's, and he charges me $60 when i need something welded, which isn't bad, but i'd like to give it a try myself, which he can't do.

i'm also gonna do a cam swap sometime hopefully before xmas. it was top-secret, but most sv'ers know. i'm gonna get two intake cams from a newer injected model, and install, and swap in the std. intakes i just removed for the exhausts.

unfortunately, no welding stuff at all. Wish I did.
...and I've been robbed a bit by the local places I've gotten to machine/weld for me. If I need more, I'll have to check that guy out.

Whoa, a cam swap. sounds like a rainy-winter weekend project.....don't want to miss out on riding time.

i got the old header heli-arc'ed, it only cost me a sixer of bud-light tall boys. but you know the old saying: measure twice cut once.... :doh:

i may hack it up some more to try and salvage it, but no biggie, it was a spare anyways.

Back