• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

T.R.A.M.P. 2014

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Massey
T.R.A.M.P. 2014​

Several Tiger riders that had been sharing information on line decided we needed to meet face to face and do a little riding. We looked for a location that would generally be central to each of us that had some features that make for a good ride and a little non-riding fun/entertainment. We also began by calling the get together "The Gathering of the Tigers" but moved from that to T.R.A.M.P. (Tiger Riders Are Mental Patients) and the name stuck. After several months of back and forth ideas, we came up with a location, Cheaha State Park, Delta, Alabama.

Cheaha State Park is a 2,799-acre (1,133 ha) state park in Alabama, located in northern Clay and southwestern Cleburne counties. The park, which is Alabama's oldest continuously operating state park, encompasses Cheaha Mountain, the highest point in the state. Park facilities include a lodge, restaurant, general store, campsites, hiking trails, and other amenities. Cheaha State Park is the pinnacle of natural beauty and awe in Alabama. This foothill of the Appalachian Mountains is the highest point in the state. Standing 2,407 feet above sea level, it is no wonder why the local Creek Indians named this place "Chaha," meaning high place.

The park is also completely surrounded by the Talladega National Forest which offers additional recreational resources, like easily accessible trails to waterfalls and more.

The dates of T.R.A.M.P. was set, May 16/19, 2014. On the appointed date, we arrived at Cheaha State Park.
picture.php

picture.php

Due to the late afternoon arrival, we spent the evening discussing the planned events for the next day. But as they say, plans are made to be broken and ours were no different. We had planned a quick breakfast and then hit the local roads before heading to Barber Motorsports Park. The weather forecast had been reported as near perfect riding weather with a low to start the day around 40F (4.4C) with a partly cloudy sky giving way to a clear sky. On the way to the park's restaurant which was across the street from my room, we could see dark clouds approaching. A quick look at the radar showed a thunderstorm on the horizon moving our way and over our intended ride route. So after a brief discussion, I'm on a new bike that I'm still getting comfortable with and with each of us having new tires on our bikes, we decided to delay our ride until after the storm passed. So we sat in the restaurant and watched the storm move over the valley and up the mountain.

The storm moved out of the area and we began getting the bikes ready to go. I needed to go back to my room to get my GoPro and riding gear. As I arrived at the room, the cleaning crew also arrived. The room next door had a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door so the crew asked if I wanted my room cleaned. I told them I just needed to get a couple things and the room was all theirs. Adrian and Dan were standing across the road from the room and all they saw was me go into the room and have 5 women follow me inside. Once we were in the room, they began cleaning and I couldn't get past them to get out. The whole time they were in there they were laughing and cutting up, having a good ol' time. I did find out from the conversation that a movie crew had just wrapped up filming and had checked out of the lodge that morning. I found this information on the movie:

"The film, a documentary-styled comedy titled “Nigel and Oscar vs. the Sasquatch,” has been shooting at Cheaha State Park since late April, according to park officials. According to the Internet Movie Database, the movie follows the exploits of titular characters Nigel and Oscar as they compete against a rival to find evidence of Sasquatch in the woods of the fictional Alabama town of Dogwood.

The film, shot by Mobile-based Frame 29 Films, features former “Saturday Night Live” actor Paul Brittain and Adam Herschman, whose appearances include the 2006 film “Accepted,” as the movie’s namesake characters, respectively. Neil Flynn, known for his role as a hospital janitor on the TV series “Scrubs,” will also play a role in the movie. The movie is set for release in 2015."

The crew finally finished the room and I was able to get out. All Adrian and Dan saw was the six of us leaving the room and the women (later referred to as Hemibee's Housekeeping Harem) were still talking and carrying on. I may never hear the end of this. :doh:

So were were off to Barber Motorsports Park with a stop at one of the scenic overlooks.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ride video

https://vimeo.com/96047444

While there, I took so many photos that my camera battery died half way thru the 3rd floor. So this is truely just a sampling of photos from Barber. These photos do not capture the true displays, they have to be viewed in person to get the full effect. Words to describe the displays would be worthless. . . A picture is worth a 1000 words but that isn't enough. I saw bikes built by companies that I never knew built bikes. Some of those companies are now known for building bike parts, not bikes. So without rambling on about the bikes, here's the photos.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

--------------------------------------------------
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A Revell model?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This was just a small sampling of the 365 photos I took.

one more place I need to go and see!

How was the tiger meeting? will you meet again?

I don't know what happened there. . . they were supposed to be resized photos in the post. :headbang: :shrug: :headbang:

Maybe you grabbed the wrong link from your hosting site? It does make the report hard to read! :huh2:

Holy huge pics Batman! Nice looking Tiger...I really want one so I can go to TRAMP!

Maybe you grabbed the wrong link from your hosting site? It does make the report hard to read! :huh2:

When I get back to the computer I'm going to check it again. The first time I posted it on the site where the TRAMP riders originated the photos were the correct size.

Posted using a bit of magic. . . In other words with a bit of luck.

That other site may auto-resize them down. TWT leaves them alone when they are IMG links.

awesome pix! thanks for posting.The Barber museum would leave me completely overwhelmed.

awaiting for further installments!

Back