• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 11/18/17 @ 9a Keese's Cafe & BBQ in Medina - TARA/SA

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 11/18/17 @ 9a Keese's Cafe & BBQ in Medina - TARA/SA

32037690350_047edb4ff2.jpg

A Texas Adventure Riders Association
San Antonio Chapter Event

33905068522_e0ee8f298d.jpg

Saturday, November 18, 2017 @ 9am

Keese's Cafe & Bar-B-Que
(830) 589-7474
13869 State Hwy 16 N
Medina, Texas

Keese's Map Location

Post Breakfast Ride Information

If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. Groups usually take off around 10am.

The Adventure Breakfasts & Rides are all about fun, camaraderie and being safe. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time and head home.

The route is a no host self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided join a group or lead one.

A group size of 4 - 6 riders with about a maximum of 8 is optimal, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Rain date information will be posted on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

November ride map
26180501799_832da43668_o.jpg

*Disclaimer - I build the routes on my computer using the Roads of Texas map book as my guide which is the best and most accurate I have used, but not perfect, and Furkot's mapping program. So the route may not be 100% accurate. If in doubt, turn around and find another route - DO NOT trespass.

For those that join my group
When I lead a group I don’t stop for lunch, I have several nature break stops and a stop midway out in the country for snacks or a sandwich I bring with me, then of course there are the planned fuel stops.

I stop at every non-obvious corner and wait for the entire group and make sure the last rider sees the proper way to go, there is NEVER a need to ride above your comfort level to keep up, we won’t leave you, I encourage riders to spread out to avoid the dust. The daisy chain method also works well, especially when its extremely dusty to keep the group even more spread out, the rider in front makes sure the rider behind makes the corner and so on until the sweep rider makes the corner. As long as the rider in front takes responsibility for the rider behind no one gets lost.

Please tell someone in the group if you decide to break off from the group, that prevents you being searched for.

Safety and rider etiquette
Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, Zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency Phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

2018 Adventure Breakfast & Ride Calendar HERE

Next Adventure Breakfast & Ride - December 16, 2017 in Bandera @ Twig’s Grille

Last edited:
Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 11/18/17 @ 9a Keese's Cafe & BBQ in Medina - TAR

Looks like a great route, Sander.

Hope to make it.

Re: Adventure Breakfast & Ride - Sat 11/18/17 @ 9a Keese's Cafe & BBQ in Medina - TAR

Will keep this one in mind. Looks like fun!

planning on being there. +1. any info on being able to leave a truck/trailer at the restaurant in Medina? thanks

planning on being there. +1. any info on being able to leave a truck/trailer at the restaurant in Medina? thanks

You might call the restaurant - (830) 589-7474. If not there they may be able to give you another option.

Ural's got a fresh pusher, fresh oil, fresh u-joint on the final drive. And my monkey says it's cool enough that she wants to join in. We should be there. I'll make sure to load up an extra 5 gallon tank of gas.

Well dang-nabbit, I dropped the radar on this one :eek:

Well dang-nabbit, I dropped the radar on this one :eek:

It was a pretty small turn out. We just went for the breakfast and then took a scenic ride home so we'd get home early enough to do other things. Weather sure was great today.

Sorry I missed it, I got another chance to scout in New Mexico. I want to be consistent with the breakfasts on the third Saturdays.
But I heard -"About 10 riders had breakfast!"

Stay tuned for the information on the December ride with end of year awards, and the 3rd Medina County 250 in January.

38467341326_9d8d19ca7b_c.jpg
IMG_20171118_172800 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

37636326195_c0cb9f5786_c.jpg
IMG_20171118_185916 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

Back