• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Rider

Reaction score
Hey all -

New rider (as of a year ago) and new to the forums. Currently living in south Austin and looking to get into some adventure riding.

Here's the current status of the fleet:

Honda CB500F

Yamaha YZ250F

Kawasaki KLR 650

The Yamaha is for sale on Craigslist, and I'm thinking of trading in the CB and upgrading to an Africa Twin.

Welcome to the site and congrats on making it through your first year riding. The Africa Twin is becoming a popular bike. There were a couple at the campout last weekend.

Welcome to your next obsession! [emoji106]

The Africa Twin is a great bike. Do yourself a favor though and check out other brands before you pull the trigger. The KTM 1090 Adventure R is a great bike as well and worth a look. Ultimately pick the bike that you feel will best fit your style of riding.

Hope to see you at a TWT Adventure ride soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aloha and welcome to TWT. Just up the road from you. Plenty of KLRs here on TWT so you will fit right in. The AT has been getting red hot lately. Do you camp off the bikes?

Welcome! I live out off Hamilton Pool and always open for a ride. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Good advice on checking out the other options - I have a tendency to dive head first into things (hence 3 motorcycles in a year).

I haven't done a strictly motorcycle only camping trip with the KLR yet, but it's definitely something I'm interested in.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

Good advice on checking out the other options - I have a tendency to dive head first into things (hence 3 motorcycles in a year).

I haven't done a strictly motorcycle only camping trip with the KLR yet, but it's definitely something I'm interested in.

We do camp here on this site. Pie run camp outs and other ride to eat events. Check out the forum section and click on Upcoming Rides.

Here a AT on TWT for sale.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116208

I don’t know if there will be an ET500 this year, but if there is, that is a great ride to join, 500 miles over a weekend between Austin & Houston, great for dual sport bikes.. can’t go wrong with a Honda for reliability although I recently went from a goldwing to a super Tenere and am loving it. Would love to try an Africa twin, but the lack of cruise control ant tubed tyres put me off it, but a great bike if you are going to do a lot of dirt road riding. KTMs are also pretty good, just a little pricey!!

Welcome to the mad house

Gary

You should check out Sanders camp out on the third weekend in February, west of San Antonio. I think it's some of the best duel sport riding around the hill country. A number of us will be camping out in Maynard overnight.

Oh yeah... WELCOME!

Back