• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Texas Hill Country Dual Sport Day Trips

I'll start with the Bastrop trails. It would be cool to hit Area 51 too, I've not been there yet.

Sounds good. I'll be coming down 130 from Round Rock. Let me know where to meet you. Also, I take 969 instead of 71, more funner.

Hey guys. Any spring time day trips on the horizon? I've got some more appropriate tires that I still haven't tried out. I'm itching for some DS; it's been...too long.

Howdy all
New to the forum and to DS but not new to riding. Located in Austin here and looking for some like-minded people to go ride some trails with. Let me know. If nothing else planning to go watch MotoGP at Lost well today around 2PM.

Cheers
C

I sent the dude ( I guess I shouldn't assume it's a dude) over here. Y'all show him the ropes. He's gonna love Click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Im a dude (sorry fellas). Wish I would have heard about that bastrop ride sooner, I've ridden those trails on the tw200 but exited to get the husky out there and explore some more.

I'm in serious need of some motivation to do the top end on my XRL. In other words......I'm not going anywhere soon. (bummer)

Chiricahua or someone could lead a ride.

Let me know if you need a hand Brit. I just started using Gps at Uncles,if you got tracks let me know Brit. I still have the maps you gave me so those will help.

Cwhitty, I know it's short notice, I'm heading out to Bastrop today if you happen to be off work.

Cool cool. Should we say 10AM on this Sunday - 4/26 at the Bucee's? Is there a more convenient rally point down there?

Hey Bike Jones...I miss riding with you guys....I had a near death heart attack last september, spent 4 months in hospital, still healing but rode my Dualsport today and im gonna be ready to ride by the end of may...I look forward to seeing the usual group of characters....

JLR a KLR and the wife's hit the Hill Country and had a blast.

Just over 500 miles of two wheel fun. One leaky fork seal that was fixed, one loose foot peg that was fixed, four water crossings. two turkey sightngs. Ten deer misses ( gotta be the 10 smartest deers we've come across).

Here's the main part of our route;

Pflugerville TX to Blanco TX to Lukenbach TX to the Alamos Springs Cafe to Comfort to the Sweet 16 to the Medina Highpoint Resort to Medina to Leakey to the 3 Sisters and then back to the Medina Highpoint Resort over to Kerville TX, on to Fredericksburg TX Brewing Company on to Enchanted Rock and the Willow City Loop to County Road 315 and on to CR 308 and CR 307 on to Kingsland TX to Park Rd 4 to Oatmeal TX on to Burnett to Balcones to Leander TX on to Pflugerville TX.

Good times, thanks to JLR for planning a great trip that the riders and wives good enjoy.

Last edited:
Had the wives meet us in the cage then did two up and got to stay the night in one of those cabins at the resort. Way too much good food :)
The CR roads were the finest. Got a few pix and some video.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 209
Hey Bike Jones...I miss riding with you guys....I had a near death heart attack last september, spent 4 months in hospital, still healing but rode my Dualsport today and im gonna be ready to ride by the end of may...I look forward to seeing the usual group of characters....

WOW, don't know you but glad to hear your getting better!:clap:

Im out of north San Antonio but im up for riding with anyone anywhere anytime...im going to the Roll the Bones rally in October...I still have the Barstow to Vegas ride on my bucket list...

Back