• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beer Drinkers & **** Raisers Dual Sport/Adv Ride…"baby don’t you wanna come with me?"

SilverBullet

never slow down...you never grow old
Reaction score
Beer Drinkers & **** Raisers Dual Sport/Adv Ride…"baby don’t you wanna come with me?"

Save the date: Sept-5
Start: Anderson, TX
Finish: La Grange, TX…they got a lot of nice roads

For those that didn’t know “that little ole band from Texas” will be playing at the Fayette County Fair in La Grange Saturday, September 5

This thread is started early for calendar planning with the firm ride details to be updated in the coming month or so. Current overview subject to change is as follows:

• Sleep in late on Saturday and get well rested.
  • 12:00 noon meet up at Anderson Shell station.
  • KSU 12:30 pm
  • Ride the entire Cheeseburger Loop, 140 miles ~ 4 hrs, 80% dirt/gravel 20% pavement.
  • Meandering backroad route to La Grange, 130 miles ~ 3 hrs, 90% pavement (some twisties) 10% gravel.
  • All riding will be very big adventure bike/dual sport friendly with average skills/experience. Smaller dual sports welcome but some pavement sections could be fast depending on group so figure 70 mph capable minimum. Maybe have a slower second group if enough interest?
  • Arrive Fayette County Fairgrounds in La Grange ~ 7:30 pm.
  • Eat dinner at your favorite health food fair vendor surely to be present. Deep fried beer ravioli anyone?
  • Tickets go on sale in 3 weeks and a season pass is $35. This gives you fair admission for all four days including the nightly concerts.
http://www.fayettecountyfair.org/p/34
  • ZZ Top goes on stage at 10:00 pm. Figure them to play for 1-1/2 hours.
  • Post concert TBD, local lodging, Buescher SP camping, group ride home, etc. ??

_

Re: Beer Drinkers & **** Raisers Dual Sport/Adv Ride…"baby don’t you wanna come with

subscribed

Re: Beer Drinkers & **** Raisers Dual Sport/Adv Ride…"baby don’t you wanna come with

Yeah , I Heard It On The "X" they were going to be there and I Just Got Paid Today got me a pocket full of change so I am going to mark it down on my calendar. Should be a pretty good Fandango so I called my girl Francine but she's got the Blue Jean Blues & doesn't want to go She's Just Killing Me so I call my Tres Hombres they don't want to drive home at night there afraid of getting Arrested While Driving Blind nobody want's to go, It's got me Under Pressure guess I'll just grab my Cheap Sunglasses & go by myself, yeah I'm Bad,I'm Nation Wide ( I'm doggie sitting on a Thursday Night can you tell?) :jammin: :drums: - MR

Last edited:

Yeah , I Heard It On The "X" they were going to be there and I Just Got Paid Today got me a pocket full of change so I am going to mark it down on my calendar. Should be a pretty good Fandango so I called my girl Francine but she's got the Blue Jean Blues & doesn't want to go She's Just Killing Me so I call my Tres Hombres they don't want to drive home at night there afraid of getting Arrested While Driving Blind nobody want's to go,It's got me Under Pressure guess I'll just grab my Cheap Sunglasses & go by myself, yeah I'm Bad,I'm Nation Wide ( I'm doggie sitting on a Thursday Night can you tell?) :jammin: :drums: - MR

Well done young man!

Yeah , I Heard It On The "X" they were going to be in La Grange and I Just Got Paid Today got me a pocket full of change so I am going to mark it down on my calendar. Should be a pretty good Fandango so I called my girl Francine but she's got the Blue Jean Blues & doesn't want to go She's Just Killing Me so I call my Tres Hombres they don't want to drive home at night there afraid of getting Arrested While Driving Blind nobody want's to go, It's got me Under Pressure guess I'll just grab my Cheap Sunglasses & go by myself, yeah I'm Bad,I'm Nation Wide ( I'm doggie sitting on a Thursday Night can you tell?) :jammin: :drums: - MR

FTFY :trust: :clap:

Last edited:

Yeah , I Heard It On The "X" they were going to be there and I Just Got Paid Today got me a pocket full of change so I am going to mark it down on my calendar. Should be a pretty good Fandango so I called my girl Francine but she's got the Blue Jean Blues & doesn't want to go She's Just Killing Me so I call my Tres Hombres they don't want to drive home at night there afraid of getting Arrested While Driving Blind nobody want's to go, It's got me Under Pressure guess I'll just grab my Cheap Sunglasses & go by myself, yeah I'm Bad,I'm Nation Wide ( I'm doggie sitting on a Thursday Night can you tell?) :jammin: :drums: - MR

Why to go DOG!!!

This event cancelled for myself. I am now camping out of state with my kids that weekend. I'll still be drinking beer but no "asterick" raising. Family first and getting away from Houston humidity is always a nice change.

_

Back