• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

kenaroo's Tex Mex adv ride October 2015

Reaction score
Planning is complete
Dates October 8th-12th (thursday-Monday)

1917802_1170796755733_3627618_n.jpg

This will be a no drop ride.. if someone goes down or has a mechanical.. we all stop and help. if there is a catastrophic failure, we'll go to plan B and re route. until we get the issue resolved.

this ride will be long days in the saddle with a mix of terrain.. I'd say 55% street 45% dirt. includes two lane county roads, dirt ranch roads, Jeep trails. could be some single track, bush wacking, sand washes.

5.days of riding(Thursday to Monday) 1564 Miles of riding

We are meeting in Junction wednesday nite/Thursday morning

Day1 Oct 8th: Junction to Ft Davis camping @ state park 345miles (mostly paved roads camp ft Davis campground

Day2 Oct 9th: Ft Davis to ft Hancock via pinto canyon rd/Chipsa rd (lost trail)
Motel stay.. 50/50 road/Dirt 242 miles

Day3 Oct 10th: Ft Handcock to BBSP.. Via route through Mexico :rider:
Camp Chisos Basin Camp ground. 75% dirt :mrgreen: 283 Miles

Day 4 Oct 11th
: BBSP to Pandale crossing ride through BBNP (river road etc)
Camping on the Pecos river.. 75/25 dirt 380 miles

Day 5 Oct 12th: Pandale Crossing to Austin via rocksprings, Leakey, Medina and fredricksberg. 75% street.. 314 miles

attachment.php

some long days.. big bikes with 200+ fuel range required.

the route ready.

Please read..
You need to know your stuff , be self-efficient and experienced as we don't want to baby sit or teach you how to ride..LOL. though stuff happens and we'll adapt to the Adventure and help everyone have a great time.
  • you will need a valid passport for re-entry to the states. ( we will be within 10 miles of the boarder at all times in Mexico so no documentation will be needed)
  • Mexican liability insurance for your vehicle is the law in Mexico and is highly recommended. inexpensive policies are available for the trip. "just in case"
  • you will be responsible for your safety and well being on this ride.
  • you will be responsible for your share of the motel fees.
  • you will be personally responsible for your Fuel, food and travel expensives
  • you will be responsible for your motorcycle, gear and parts needed to finish this trip.
  • You must be an experienced adv/ds/dirt rider that can handle all terrain on your bike.
  • I would expect you to be better than average or good enough to keep a good pace and be consistent.
  • You must be fun loving and open to have a great time..
  • You must be open to what ever this adventure gives us.
  • You must be willing to step in or step up to help your fellow rider.

we have 5 spots taken and 1 spot open for an experienced ADV big bike rider (800cc up)

If you've ridden with me you know what I like.. fun fast miles.. We don't stop much except to gas, pee, eat sleep and drink.. simply.. we ride until our butts and stomach tells us to stop.. LOL.

IN:
Kingham aka Kenaroo 13' super tenere
Irondog 13' triumph XC 800
Silverbullet 13' super Tenere
MarkW 13' super Tenere
Dao 650 vstrom
YOU !

Any question feel free to PM me.

Attachments

• super texmex.jpg
    super texmex.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
I'm in, if we don't stop as much as the Dryden ride :)

I'll have to pay something forward from the last ride.

But let me know if we can make Presidio at the end of day one. Just a suggestion.

I'm in for this one! Looking forward to hanging out & riding w/ y'all once again.
Question, since I don't see anything saying that this is a camp and ride, we all staying in motels? Fine w/ me if we do, fine if we don't. Just need to know if camping stuff stays at home or not.

is the 3rd day all in mexico ?? and single track on heavy bikes ??
single track only if you get off track..:rider:

Haven't been on that road in a few years.. but pretty typical jeep/ dirt roads. It will be rocky and there will be some big sand wash crossings but nothing too bad. still all big bike friendly for the experienced rider.

though we did encounter some rough sections and drop offs where the rain washed the road away.. I would expect the same.

Dao.. though I think most of us prefer hotel.. I'm thinking of at least one nite camping.. thinking Chianti hot springs.. too expensive for the rooms but cheap to camp and enjoy the hot springs for a nite.

I'll make definite plans in a month or so.

I'm in for this one! Looking forward to hanging out & riding w/ y'all once again.
Question, since I don't see anything saying that this is a camp and ride, we all staying in motels? Fine w/ me if we do, fine if we don't. Just need to know if camping stuff stays at home or not.

rider count is almost full. room for 1 or possibly 3 more.

we are still a few months out but post up if you think you want to join in.

Hi Ken,
I would like to join in on this ride. I have a lot of,experience riding Offroad in Mexico, Big Bend and am a capable dual sport rider.i have a DR 650 and a Super Tenere but not sure what bike i would be using yet.
Hablo espanol tambien.

Regards,
Mark

Looks like we have a full riders count for this adventure

I'll update the first post with the rider list

If you would still like to go... Post or or pm me to get on the reserve list.

Would like a few guys in reserve in case some one falls off. Life and things change so I understand.

Put me on the reserve list. I am sure a few people will drop out before the ride.

That's a lot of rules, suggestions And qualifiers.

I'll just crash the ride at the last minute.

That's a lot of rules, suggestions And qualifiers.

I'll just crash the ride at the last minute.

It's to keep the riff raft out.. such as riders like yourself.

You better check with Momma before crashing anything.. she might have plans for you that weekend.

Plus.. you might be riding baja or nevada with your Other riding buddies.

I would love to join you guys, can you count me in the reserve list?

I'm dreaming of Mexico every night....

-Fang

And when I say I am dreaming of Mexico I specifically mean those mountains just on the other side of Big Bend.

Updated 1st post.
route is complete.
I'll start giving everyone a call to touch base
if you haven't sent me your phone #
Please do so.

I would love to join you guys, can you count me in the reserve list?

I'm dreaming of Mexico every night....

-Fang

I'm gonna bow out of this ride. Hope you all have a great ride.

You really outta consider "Fang" aka Steve. He'd be an asset to the group on the ride.

Ride on, be safe.

****... LOL:eek2::lol2:

sorry to see you bail on us.. but it happens.
saw your looking to do another ride

best of luck.

I'm gonna bow out of this ride. Hope you all have a great ride.

You really outta consider "Fang" aka Steve. He'd be an asset to the group on the ride.

Ride on, be safe.

Hope to ride with you again sometime Dave. Truth is, I can only take so much of Ken for one year :doh:

Thanks Scott we needed to open up the ride to people that wont cheap out on us because 50 cents more a gallon at the back country gas station. But that's why we usually try not to ride with KLR owners. ?

Thanks Scott we needed to open up the ride to people that wont cheap out on us because 50 cents more a gallon at the back country gas station. But that's why we usually try not to ride with KLR owners. ��

LOL. If you remember right, I never ran out of fuel on the entire trip (unlike yourself ). And the KLR was the bike that found the route that got us out after you got us lost. But it's an adventure right. I realize it was tough for you to follow the KLR, but it's an adventure right.
I just can't see spending another five days waiting for you Ken, didn't mind lending a hand when you got stuck or when you had rotor problems. Youve had spots open prior to my exit. You should answer other riders request to join in, they may be the ones to save you on this trip.

You wanna bag on a $4999, 39 HP KLR that went everywhere your ST went and then some, we'll have at it. We'll meet up again some day and the KLR will still be the same bike that didn't need the $5 per gallon fuel.

Keep it up and I may just rejoin the group and ride with you anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL.

Someone is a little sensitive about his, riding ability and money.

I guess its all something we all need to work on

Best of luck to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Back