• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

hey every one :wave:
well its a new year
I know I haven't been posting much and I was wondering what all of
you Honda nuts have been doing
R-MAN
AG-MAN
GLOCK POINTER
SILVERBULLET (iron-butt)...:rider:did you move ?
JMZ
MERIDEN
THRASBERG
THE- REAL BIGMAN (marko)

I was just wondering

...........:rider:

Lonnie if you go to each of our names and click on past posts you will find out what each of us has been doing . Oh , and FIDDYK has been doing REAL good. Lol

**** I'm still around, XR is the ranch bike now, been riding to NM on the 'Ager and the AT, put a little work into the FZ07 and Grom, and finally putting the Coprice back on the road, and I haven't bought a bike since Sep '16

hey guys, im new to the XRL gang. I hoping to ride her in some offroad trip soon, I have only riden her "the Beast" around my home via fields and floodways and once to the public MX park. She definitely has more HP than ive ever had to ride before. Anyone ride their XR to mex yet?

hey guys, im new to the XRL gang. I hoping to ride her in some offroad trip soon, I have only riden her "the Beast" around my home via fields and floodways and once to the public MX park. She definitely has more HP than ive ever had to ride before. Anyone ride their XR to mex yet?

Zeke, I rode mine there... it was great on the little roads.

Congrats on your XRL!

Beast ??, Xrl ??? That's a new one on me. LMAO.

**** I'm still around, XR is the ranch bike now, been riding to NM on the 'Ager and the AT, put a little work into the FZ07 and Grom, and finally putting the Coprice back on the road, and I haven't bought a bike since Sep '16
And you are ???? New around here ??? LOL.

I'm contemplating riding Hidden Falls tomorrow (Sunday), weather permitting. Anyone interested? Probably get out there around 10am.

Was a beautiful day out at Hidden Falls. I gotta ride the dirtsickle more than once every few months. The arm pump was brutal.

Ok, I'm going to do it... venturing into a tire question....

I need more mileage out of my XRL tires. I've got D606's on, and the bike lives in Big Bend country. So, plenty of highway miles, then plenty of sand, gravel, rocks. I'm probably 3/4 done with my rear, and just over 2300 miles.

So, I'm willing to compromise a bit on off-road performance in exchange for pavement durability.

Kenda 270's are darn cheap - and look more pavement suited. What are they like on River Road? What about in Big Bend Ranch? Seem maybe just not up to it...

Pirelli MT21 look good: anyone have a longevity report on these?

Metzeler Enduro 3 Sahara... very expensive, but would be worth it if I could get 5k miles. Maybe just in the rear?

Or, do I just stick with D606's and budget for a set every 3k miles?

I prefer the MT 21, but with that said I don't think they will outlast the D606. The Sahara Enduro 3 is an 80% pavement tire. Great on the pavement, but it will test your off road ability since it only sticks when it wants to.

m

Back