• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Little Change is always good

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
THis week they poured the slab for my shop. We will be able to move everything over there hopefully in June. Lots of stuff going on, trying to sort out the important stuff.

IMG_0016.jpg

You've come a long way from that one car garage that was your shop for so long. You won't even know what to do with yourself.

***Queue Chris with the nighttime one car garage picture.

If I had a 10 acre barn it'd be full before winter time. Isn't there some rule that says junk will always accumulate to fill whatever storage is available?

30 X 40 shop, 12 foot walls, 2 roll up doors. A 15 X 20 room there in the back. Leaving about 35 X 20 under the lean to for parking stuff and things.

Here is a pic to help visualize the layout. The right side is 30X40. The back left is the storage room and the lowered section is the extra space under the lean to.

IMG_0016.jpg

Now the problem is deciding what bikes to buy to take up all that extra space.:deal: Man every guy needs a shop to work on projects in. Someday someday.:pray:

I don't have that problem about filling up space (much)... but my wife :eek2:

It seems like every time I walk into the garage I trip over something that wasn't there the last time I walked in... :doh:

I don't have that problem about filling up space (much)... but my wife :eek2:

It seems like every time I walk into the garage I trip over something that wasn't there the last time I walked in... :doh:

And always in the walk way.:trust:

And always in the walk way.:trust:

That would be the kids and their bikes! :headbang:

Beth at least gets it out of the way. I am reaching critical level though and am about to go into purge mode, for the garage AND the house! I swear I feel like I am drowning in STUFF. I define STUFF as all that mess that we keep and never use. It is oozing out from under my kid's beds and their closets. It clutters book shelves and any other flat surfaces. I'll go to pick up some scrap piece of paper to throw away and one of the kids will be like, "NOOOOO!!!! That is a priceless treasure!!" Me, "It's a freaking gum wrapper!!" :roll:

That would be the kids and their bikes! :headbang:

Beth at least gets it out of the way. I am reaching critical level though and am about to go into purge mode, for the garage AND the house! I swear I feel like I am drowning in STUFF. I define STUFF as all that mess that we keep and never use. It is oozing out from under my kid's beds and their closets. It clutters book shelves and any other flat surfaces. I'll go to pick up some scrap piece of paper to throw away and one of the kids will be like, "NOOOOO!!!! That is a priceless treasure!!" Me, "It's a freaking gum wrapper!!" :roll:

Don't get me started.

Well we are remodeling the house that is next to the shop, so hopefully I can de-clutter and move at the same time. A bit unheard of, but a distinct possibility.

That said, I almost threw down the SXV550 yesterday at the top of the driveway at the new place. The old combination of sand and a 180X50 rear tire got her spinning and she jumped sideways. Twice! I managed to avoid crashing and got a couple of nice wheelies as I rode away. Life is good when you can ride your bike.

More good news, they re-poured the front porch. They initially sloped it towards the house and had to chop it out. So this is the new one they poured this morning.

20170518_103351.jpg

20170518_1103091.jpg

And, they started with the steel and got the columns up today, said they will do trusses tomorrow. I am pretty excited, I can see how big it is now, very cool.

20170518_164224.jpg

Those 12 foot poles are tall!

20170518_164245.jpg

20170518_1642501.jpg

A long way from the old car port days....

PC200015.jpg

Then I enclosed it.

P2230981.jpg

Then I moved to where I am today.

IMG_1736.jpg

Last edited:
You know....

Maybe keep the bikes and stuff in the garage.

Wait...hear me out.

That new place looks big enough for an indoor air conditioned DRZ70 racetrack.

You are smiling, I know you are.

I can't believe how much a yard of concrete mix is on the truck. Around here 80- 100plus a yd.
Appraisal district came and measured my new building today, this is the part I don't like. They are late because of personnel shortages this year.

I have no idea what the concrete costs, we got a turn key quote on the house and the shop. So we will get our gazillion dollars worth I hope.

OMG, I almost can't stand it, I feel like a little kid who has a new toy, but I have to wait until after dinner to play with it.

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Are you having them use that permagum peel off back stuff where siding and roof pieces overlap. Muellar sent it with my order, but the builder said he won't use it. He said it causes problems. So far no leaks without it.
Wish I would have spayed rust protection paint on welds before they skinned it. Also I would have used flashing sealer on windows and trim as they installed. Every window leaked a little during rain. I sealed them later but it was harder. Contractor said he didn't guarantee that windows wouldn't leak some. Other than that I have been satisfied with the clear span beam verses trusses.

Luckily I have no windows, and I have no idea if they will seal between the panels or not, I am betting there won't be a problem.

Luckily I have no windows, and I have no idea if they will seal between the panels or not, I am betting there won't be a problem.

No sky lights or anything?

I keep my garage door down while working in the garage on hot days so I can run the AC in the garage. I REALLY wish I had a few windows to let in some natural light even though I have killer lighting in the garage. It just feels kind of claustrophobic.

Yeah I regret the widows but I sealed them so far. Yours looks great, keep posting pictures.:popcorn:

No sky lights or anything?

I keep my garage door down while working in the garage on hot days so I can run the AC in the garage. I REALLY wish I had a few windows to let in some natural light even though I have killer lighting in the garage. It just feels kind of claustrophobic.

I thought about it, and I decided I didn't want any windows. The shop will have a roll up insulated door on each end, also about 2" of foam throughout, LED lights, so I should be good. I think it will have A/C in a year or two.:rider:

Back