• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride across US East > West

Reaction score
First Name
Cale
Last Name
Gilley
My dad and I are going to take a trip across US East coast to West coast. We will be riding from here in Sealy TX to Virgina Beach > North Carolina > Tennessee > Kentucky > Missouri > Kansas > Colorado > Utah > Nevada > California then back to Sealy TX. If anyone knows of any places we have to go on the way let me know we are going late august early september no sure date set. We will be staying in hotels we both have medical issues camping isn't a option. I got a Abus disk brake alarm lock and chain to secure the bikes at night don't need anyone messing with them.

So far Tail of the dragon is on the list I lived in Utah for 18 years of my life so I know all the canyons to go up. I have family that lives in Colorado grandparents used to live right at the bottom of Pikes Peak we plan to go up it weather willing. My step-dad says riding around Lake Tahoe both Nevada and California sides so we will probably do that.

Thanks for any helpful things your input is appreciated

On the way to the Dragon, outside Tellico Plains, Tennessee you can pickup the Cherahola Skyway to Robbonsville, NC. It is a great road, more fun than the dragon in my opinion. Also some time spent on the Blue Ridge Parkway will be worth your time. In Maggie Valley NC, visit the Wheels thru Time Museum.... and then the short ride back to Cherokee, NC and get on the BRP headed North! very cool....

Have Fun!

Last edited:
I would add in Skyline Dr... it connects to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

In my mind, southern Missouri -- especially near and west of Bull Shoals lake -- is great riding. Work your way across, making Highway 125 one of your goals. BUT, avoid Branson at all costs.

I looked at all these places hopefully we go right through them going to be fun getting close leaving on the 21st. Ill take pictures and maybe blog/upload them as we go ill have my phone to do so. It would benefit my memory to do so every night so when its all said and done I can go back and read and look at all the pictures

Barber Museum is a must see for any motorcycle fan, even better if you catch it during the vintage festival in the fall

Mt Cheaha in Alabama was an enjoyable ride, and there are some great roads in North Alabama to ride as well.

Last edited:
Back