• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

www.advrider.com

but you're probably aware of that. In Texas, I think you're on the best spot. I use Facebook also, a lot of folks here don't.

:tab AdvRider is probably the biggest forum that covers "adventure" riding ANYWHERE. However, that bigness also turns some people off. As a result, there are often regional or even local adventure riding blogs, forums, clubs, FB pages, etc,... If you have an area in which you are particularly interested, start doing searches on the area and you will likely find some of the local sites. I have done that and even contacted people on the sites. They are typically very helpful with regards to potential routes, things to see and do in the area, etc,...

I guess there are so many motorcycle rides, its hard to keep track of them all.

:tab Oh yeah, totally this. Some magazines will publish "upcoming events" in each edition. I think Ride Texas used to do so, but they don't publish monthly and tend to be more cruiser oriented. Then there are the brand specific things like the various BMW rallies, Honda rallies, etc,... Then there are even the bike specific events, often hosted by forums dedicated to specific bikes, like KLR650.net, StromTroopers.com, etc,... Then there are all the regional groups, clubs, and such. There is no shortage of events to attend, which is a good problem. I don't know if it would be possible for there to be one central location for finding info on all of them unless someone developed some kind of automated site that scanned other sources and aggregate them all in one place. Otherwise it would depend on people coming to that site and entering the info manually, which right off the bat would make it massively incomplete.

:tab Between TWT and ADV, you'll probably get a pretty good coverage. You might check to see if there is an AT1000 devoted forum and check there if you are interested in bike specific events.

:tab Don't forget... YOU can also plan such events :-P That is often how the regular events get started. Someone steps up, plans it, and it takes on a life of its own after a while.

Back