• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

PayPal changes that may affect Forum Supporters

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

On Monday, June 18th, changes at PayPal will be going into effect that may cause a communication problem between PayPal and the forum software. I am in the process of moving the site from my current server to a new hosting service and this should fix the problem, but unfortunately it will not be done before the deadline.

I don't yet know if the change will prevent payments created via the donate page from working at all or if it will simply fail to update the user's supporter status even if the payment is made.

It may also prevent existing auto renewing subscriptions from renewing, or cause your forum supporter status to lapse even if the recurring payment does go through.

I can still receive PayPal payments if you do them directly from the PayPal site and send them to Tourmeister@twtex.com. It just means you have to go to their site to do the transaction.

If you try to do a new donation or have an existing recurring donation and it fails to go through, or goes through and fails to update your user status, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I can still manually set your account to active Forum Supporter status after receiving payment.

Once we do get the site moved, there might be a brief interruption in access to the site during the switch over. We'll try to minimize that and do it late at night if possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience. My lack of IT skills and a paid IT staff make these kinds of issues hard for me to deal with.

Just a reminder that today is the day PayPal makes the changes. If this causes you any problems, please let me know!

Thanks!

Back