• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Towing Service in Dallas

ToddTx

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
I need to find a towing service that can pick up my bike near downtown Dallas and deliver it to Honda Suzuki North on I-35 @ Valley View Road.

When I talked with the service provider recommended by the shop, he seemed like it was going to be too much hassle/trouble for them to get to my neighborhood. The other towing service I called, well, I left a voicemail message and never got a call back.

I'd rather be riding that sitting and the bikes carburation woes (a 94 Honda Magna btw) are beyond my abiity to fix.:giveup:

Any ideas? I appreciate it!

I can't do it this weekend, but I can offer picking it up and dropping it off with my harbor freight trailer if you can't find any other options.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Free is best, but if that doesn't work out...

When I needed a "tow" in Houston I used what they called Bike Rescue services. The firm I used was recommended by my dealer and they did a GREAT job. I just Googled "Bike Rescue Dallas" and found Cyclone Motorcycle Rescue. I have NO idea if these guys are good, bad, or indifferent. Just suggesting the term "towing" may not get you all the results you are after.

A trick I learned years ago, moving a car in a non-emergency situation. Call a couple of tow services, and ask them to give you a set price. The driver may be grumpy about it, but will honor the price. I've found that to be the difference between a $50 tow and a $120 tow. Just saying.....

If all else fails, rent a small U-Haul. A one-day rental with minimal mileage will be cheaper than many tow services.

most reputable wrecker companies offer M/C service

there is an up-charge for the assembly of the rack they use

it works well, loads from the ground & the bike is well secured and then just raises the bike off the ground

attached pic is my WEE going for a ride

check a few of 'em out

sw

Attachments

• securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 210
Back