• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aerostich Combat Lite Boots

Reaction score
Overton, TX "The Arlington of East Texas between t
First Name
Skip
Last Name
Honeycutt
After searching for a pair of boots that would handle most types of street riding as well as off road adventures, I settled on the Combat Lite boots by Aerostich. These boots are made by the well known boot company, Sidi to Aerostich's specifications. Two types of soles are available - the wedge or cleated. I chose the cleated model which has a continuous single level (no heel cutout) sole. The wedge sole model has a traditional style heel. I reasoned the cleated sole would give slightly more support while standing on the pegs when riding my dual sport but not interfere noticeably when on the sport tourer. If you like the feel of a heel resting against the pegs you might be happier with the wedge sole. Although no claim to being waterproof is made, the design makes them extremely water resistant-trust me.

The Combat Lites are 3 inches shorter than the traditional Combat Touring boots (11" vs. 14") but are certainly no light weights. My Euro size 44 (10 USA) pair weigh just over 5 lbs. These boots take a long, long time to break in. They give stiffness a whole new meaning out of the box. Although I'm not endorsing this method, I finally wrapped each boot in an old towel and worked the instep area over with a hammer!

How do they work in the real world? Quite well. :clap: At the race track they might be little clunky and on the flipside, they would be a tad light for all out motocross. But for anything in between these two extremes, they work great. I have several thousand miles on mine while riding in all types of weather and on a variety of bikes and terrain. With a light application of mink oil, they still look brand new. :rider:

(www.riderwarehouse.com)

These boots take a long, long time to break in. They give stiffness a whole new meaning out of the box. Although I'm not endorsing this method, I finally wrapped each boot in an old towel and worked the instep area over with a hammer!

With the way Combats are built, you could break a perfectly good hammer doing that.

I'm looking for new boots and have these on the list. Did you order them straight from aerostich in your size and hope for the best or did you make a trip to the great white north and try them on at the store? I have the worst luck buying shoes/boots on line.

I wear a 45 Euro/US size 11 in everything else and these were no exception. I'd call them an 11D.

I'm looking for new boots and have these on the list. Did you order them straight from aerostich in your size and hope for the best or did you make a trip to the great white north and try them on at the store? I have the worst luck buying shoes/boots on line.

Sorry for the delayed response. The fit is pretty much spot on. I normally buy 44's in riding boots and put an extra innersole in as I'm closer to a USA 9.5 than a 10. A 43 in some brands is closer to a USA 9 than a 9.5. Hope I've helped.

Skip..thanks. that will help. I still prefer to try things like shoes/boots on first but might have to just give it a good. stich has a good return policy but you have to follow their rules.

Skip..thanks. that will help. I still prefer to try things like shoes/boots on first but might have to just give it a good. stich has a good return policy but you have to follow their rules.

Same here. If memory serves, Combat's are not guaranteed waterproof and their Sidi On Road Gore-Tex counterparts are. MotoLiberty stocks the On Road so I could try 'em on. Same money. Done deal. :rider:

KP...thanks. Just another reason to ride over to SA and speak with Nathan.

Yeah, I usually give Audrey, Kayla or Joseph a shout before I head to big D and if they don't already have whatever I'm looking for, they quickly get it in my size and it's there waiting for me.

Last edited:
Back