• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rick "Atomicmoondog" -Austinite in Spring

Reaction score
51 years young. Been riding since age 15. Have owned about 12 bikes. Took a ~15 year break in mid-life while raising 6 kids.
Here is my current toy. A 2005 GSF1200S Bandit with......
... a little paint, a little powder coat, and some other added goodys.

List of mods:
A. Suzuki OEM Smoke “Double-Bubble” Windscreen
B. Suburban Machinery Suzuki SV650 Type 2 Handlebar Kit (http://www.suburban-machinery.com/sv650.htm)
C. Bridgestone BT014 Tires
D. Race Tech 0.10 Fork Springs
E. Race Tech FMGV-S2040 Gold Valve Fork Kit
F. Race Tech Fork Seals
G. Race Tech Shaft Bushing
H. Ohlins Rear Shock 46DR
I. Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator P/N 1S1201
J. Competition Werkes GP Machined Billet Pegs (1GPS3-S and 1GPS2-S)
K. Holeshot B-RS Rearset Adapter Plates
L. Yoshimura RS-3 SS Slip-on w/SS mid-pipe
M. Factory Pro Stage 1 jet kit (CRB-S75-1.0)
N. K&N Air Filter (SU-6000)
O. Puig “Carbon Fiber” Rear Hugger
P. Pyramid Plastics Belly Pan
Q. Ermax Seat Cowl
R. Watsen Designs Flush Mount LED Front Turn Signals

My Web Page Click Here

:rider:

-Rick

Right.jpg

Front%20Right.jpg

Rear%20Right.jpg

Rear%20Left.jpg

Left.jpg

Thats the sharpest looking Bandit I've seen, nice job!:mrgreen:

Did you do the suspension work yourself? I'm sure it handles as well as it looks!:rider:

:shock:

That thing is like crazy clean... good looking though!

It's good to see that these young fellers are not irresponsible and take real good care of their Bandits...

niiiiice... :-)

Thermalser said:
Thats the sharpest looking Bandit I've seen, nice job!:mrgreen:

Did you do the suspension work yourself? I'm sure it handles as well as it looks!:rider:

Patrick and his crew at Motorcycles Unlimited, in Houston, did the work. Really great folks and very knowledgeable and reasonably priced.

Thanks to all for the kind comments. The bike is really a joy to ride and the total cost allowed me to have too much fun on a budget! :rider:

-Rick

I've known LEOs that would give you a ticket just for the high speed looks of your ride.

DANNYROTH said:
I've known LEOs that would give you a ticket just for the high speed looks of your ride.
It's the red wheels - those LEOs LOVE red bikes... :trust:

Awesome bike! When I pay off the van next year I'll be in the market for another bike; I got dibs on yours if you're looking to sell.
:drool:

BTW, I've taken my bike to Motorcycles Unlimited since it was new - I wouldn't let anyone else touch it.

Back