• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Phil "TX_F2" Regalado, Portland, Tx.

TX_F2

Reaction score
I made a post in the Introductions Forum but not here yet.

I live in Portland (right outside Corpus Christi), ride a CBR 600 and my wife rides a Ninja 500R. We both enjoy riding together and would love to take a trip to the Hill Country some time.

Unfortunately around this area it's mostly F L A T roads, but there are a few good riding spots within about a 30 minute ride near Mathis (Lake Corpus Christi) that one of the members here was kind enough to recomend.

Here is a pic of our bikes from a trip we took up Highway 181 toward San Antonio to visit some friends:

bikepics016.jpg

Re: Phil "TX_F2" Regalado

Welcome! Sorry, but I missed your intro.

Nice F2 - love the red, white & blue w/ white wheels that Honda did back in those days. 8-)

Yeah, love that red/white/blue also...very nice.
Welcome!
I spent last winter over in the shipyards in Ingleside....I remember portland for the traffic ticket they gave me!!!

Thanks guys, I have to admit that I really love that color scheme also. AFAIK, the only years that Honda offered the Red, White, and Blue were :

1989 CBR 600 Hurricane
1993 CBR 600F2 & CBR 900RR

Do you guys know if it was offered any other years ?

TIA,

Phil

TX_F2 said:
Do you guys know if it was offered any other years ?

TIA,

Phil

I know there was the really nice '83 CB1100F that was r/w/b(I love those).....and you know the interceptor line.

I'll always remember coming of age for a real street bike at 18, and there came the CBR900RR in red/white/blue. The main object of my lust at that point in my life.

The CB700SC, CB750F, CB900F, VF500F, VF750F, VF1000F, VFR700F, VFR750F, RC30..... Can I stop now? :-) Pretty much every honda sport bike from the early 80's through the early 90's was RWB.

Hey TX_F2

The roads here are very FLAT! I've ridden around Mathis and Swinney Switch. Pretty nice we have a place in Leakey right on FM337 It is great, :party I'll let you know when we'll be heading that way. My brother is in Ft. Hood, he rides a Duc 998 yellow very nice. We go at least twice a year to the Hills!! Great riding!!! :biggun:

kingdan said:
Hey TX_F2

The roads here are very FLAT! I've ridden around Mathis and Swinney Switch. Pretty nice we have a place in Leakey right on FM337 It is great, :party I'll let you know when we'll be heading that way. My brother is in Ft. Hood, he rides a Duc 998 yellow very nice. We go at least twice a year to the Hills!! Great riding!!! :biggun:

That would be great if you would let me know the next time you head up that way, thanks Dan........... as long as you and your brother don't mind my envious drool getting all over both of your bikes :)

Phil

Unfortunately Honda has shied away from the red/white/blue color combo... and it's a shame. It's my favorite too. I've been contemplating getting a custom job on my bike to look like your model, but that would mean dipping into my Buell Ulysses savings (which isn't gonna happen, haha). So I have to settle with the 2nd best color scheme!

dsc636824po.jpg

Back