• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport Hot Pursuit

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Maybe you guys really are taking over? ;-)
I was driving to work when I came upon an accident and see flashing red and blue lights on a bike. I was thinking it was another of Arlington PD's BMW 1150RT police bikes and it is a GS!?
Go figure. I believe the Arlington motojocks are given a set amount every month and purchase their own bikes. I guess this guy wanted to set a new standard. They will probably make him the new Park Officer at River Legacy Park :rofl:

There is one of these for sale used on ADVrider.

Now if they start using the ADV model set up with full knobs:rider:

Or how about a HP2 with lights and siren? :hail:

:tab I think the GS is great for that duty. It is rugged and can take a lot of abuse. It gets good mpg no matter the conditions. It gets people's attention in traffic. The tall perch makes it easy to see in traffic. It will do 120mph which is more than sufficient for anything a motocop should be doing anyway. It is exceptionally easy to maintain. It can carry all the extra weight of the LEO gear with no problems. It might be a bit tall for those short cops with walk tall attitudes though :lol2:

You sure are not talking like someone that is going to sell his GS.:trust:

Wait..... You ARE talking like someone that is selling one :sun:

There a great bike.... but I am prejudice :rider:

Check his primary and secondary bikes in his profile for "da truth"!

:oops: I guess I really ought to get that changed :doh: Eventually...

If it's the R1200GS, those are nice bikes. Lotta punch -- they'll even power wheelie. Most of the reviews say that they handle kinda like a sport bike. If I had the money right now, I'd definitely buy one!

Back