• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to TWT

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Kenney
Hello TWT folks. I'm Dave Kenney. If you ride the Montgomery and Richards area, you've probably spotted me. I ride a blue Ducati ST2, with a blue Aerostitch and white Shoei. I recently bought a KLR 650 - Red and Silver. I am having a lot of fun with this one. I'm up for DS rides or sport rides. Hope to see ya'll on the road.

Hey Dave glad to see you made it, we need to get together for another ride. I have been meeting the gang at King's cafe in Montgomery the last couple of Thursday's, we need to ride from Spring together for bike night.:eat:

:tab Geez, three years of nagging and he finally shows up... :wave: Welcome to the site! There are a ton of DS riders here now. They just keep showing up like refugees or something... :scratch:

Nice to see you, check out the upcoming D/S ride in SHNF on 1/28 My KLR an I hope to make it !
Ha, more KLR's! D/S really is becoming legit!

Howdy, I to bought the KLR ds hope to find some new ds riding friend's Welcome to the TWT...

Thanks for the welcome, Gents.

Sorry it took me so long to get here, Scott. I'm a chronic lurker.
I took a maiden voyage of sorts today. I had the Progressive "short" rear shock and progressive front springs installed along with a galfer front steel brake line and "green" brake pads. I had 2" lowering links removed and the stock links re-installed. Then I did the only thing a man could do. I burned it straight to the forest and hit the trails off of 1375. I had a blast. I got my first sandy berm slow motion high side out of the way without breakage or bruising. I got mud all up under the bike. It was beautiful. Then with all the hard core dirt guys loading bikes in pick ups, I rode out of there to the black top and back to the house grinning in my helmet.
Lets do this together soon......

Dave

Next weekend ;-) Check the DS forum.

I need to get better tires on my bike though and put the smaller front sprocket on. The 16 tooth is just to tall.

Dave, where did you get the parts and have the work done?

Scott -
I originally bought the 2" links from Happy Trails. When I was not pleased with the feel of the bike, they were willing to credit the links against an order for the stuff I listed above. The only problem was they couldn't get the rear shock for a month. The only scource I found to get one was Fred with Arrowhead Motorsports. He wanted full retail (449.95) when the others were quoting 65 bucks less.
Anyway, I bought the shock from Fred and the rest from Happy Trails. I got the work done at Lunsfords. My only concern now is the doohicky replacement. I was hoping that could be handled at one of your get togethers. I think Bryan Dolan said something once about getting together to do that. Maybe we can do several in a day.

Dave

Mine's done. However, I would be happy to host another maintenance day for folks to get theirs done. Lemme check the calander for the next 3-4 weeks.

Scott -
I got everything but the shock from Happy Trails. I got the shock from Fred at Arrowhead Motorsports. He was the only one who had one in stock. I had the work done at Lunsfords. They do my Ducati there so like it or not they gotta do the KLR.

Dave

Davek2080 said:
Scott -
I originally bought the 2" links from Happy Trails. When I was not pleased with the feel of the bike, they were willing to credit the links against an order for the stuff I listed above. The only problem was they couldn't get the rear shock for a month. The only scource I found to get one was Fred with Arrowhead Motorsports. He wanted full retail (449.95) when the others were quoting 65 bucks less.
Anyway, I bought the shock from Fred and the rest from Happy Trails. I got the work done at Lunsfords. My only concern now is the doohicky replacement. I was hoping that could be handled at one of your get togethers. I think Bryan Dolan said something once about getting together to do that. Maybe we can do several in a day.

Dave

Doohicky replacement...new meaning for farkle?:lol2:

That is a highly technical term for a very specific upgrade on the KLR's ;-)

Back