• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Decals and Stickers. Do you?

Reaction score
Hey Ladies and Fellers,

Just curious. Do you put aftermarket decals and stickers on your bike, panniers, helmets, etc or do you consider it bad form? I know it's a "to each his own" thing, but I'm curious what your opinion is on it. I'm talking about stickers about places you've been, roads you've been on, etc. I have a few on my bike and dozens on my workbench. Personally, I think they're interesting and have found them to be a good conversation starter.

What say you?

Last edited:
I think a little goes a long way. The only stickers I've had on my bikes are a small TWT or ADV Rider sticker. Many years ago when I had a Sportster I had a small Harley no. 1 sticker on the back of my helmet. I have a few on my tool box from things I've bought for the bikes.

I have AMA and AMA District 37 stickers. I used to keep a Texas Farm Bureau sticker on the bike just in case I ran up some rancher's driveway by mistake.

To each his own, but as a general rule I don't wear patches or black tee shirts to disassociate myself from the lifestyle riders.

Stickers, bumper and otherwise, are a kind of signature. I prefer to keep mine as short as possible.

m

it depends on the bike, adventure bikes you need your destination stickers to show you go someplace other than starbucks, upgrade stickers on dual sports.

you go lots of places on big touring and sport tourers but a bunch of stickers like on a adventure bike would be tacky, a few key small stickers is good.

my ZRX has three stickers, two small dragon stickers on either side of the bikini to mark its passage of the dragon and a small sticker up front from Barber.

On the wing, i put them inside the trunk lid. The GS, panniers and a couple on the fork legs. The DR, finders and swing arm.

I prefer the collection of tattoos and piercings over stickers to celebrate travel to exotic destinations

Not on street bikes, off road bikes have some decals of parts being used but they help cover scars.

Street Bikes no decals for me, I know where I have been and what adventures I have had I like clean paint jobs on street bikes and cars.

Adventure bike gets location/event type stickers. Street bike is very clear, except the name I gave it. Beer fridge gets all the rest.

I prefer the collection of tattoos and piercings over stickers to celebrate travel to exotic destinations

This last Monday I had driven my mother to a doctors appointment and afterward we stopped at Huddle house for lunch, there was a around four year old little girl who had a necklace tattoo.
Looked like her father may have done it and he is trying to learn how to do tattoos.
I was speechless

Apart from a TWT and Tye Dyed Texan, I don't advertise for those who don't compensate.
If I paid for their stuff they can pay for my time.

Personally, I think they're interesting and have found them to be a good conversation starter.

Probably stabbing at too much here, but really, why do you care what other folks think about this.....follow your instinct as above. I agree with you 100%

Some day, you'll experience the refreshing epiphany that you can stop managing your life in order to place the expectations and the approval of others anywhere on the first page of your life's priority list.

Similar to one of my favorite quotes "Too many people spend money they don't have to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't like"

Really, if you indeed think they're interesting, and I agree with you, they are a great conversation starter.....so......who give a flip if anyone here or elsewhere flips a booger to the idea.

Your chance encounter with like minded traveling souls who see your sticker(s) and engage in wonderful conversation will continue to be your great reward.

I don't. In fact, I go the complete opposite direction. I remove any badging that I can from any vehicle I own. It took me a good hour and a half to get the stupid bow tie emblem off the tailgate of my Silverado when I bought it.

I don't begrudge anyone who slaps stickers on their ride. I just don't care for the look.

TWT on the saddlebag, farkle stickers on either side (no duplicates) of the bags. Other than that, I want to get the name done on the bottom of the fairing, but the only guy I trust to do it (how I want it) lives in Buffalo.

I like ta boogerize my stickers.... mostly on luggage
TourMaster becomes... TourFaster
MRA windshields sticker loses the A... but gains the TWO from a Two Brothers Racing sticker
& the SHOEI decal on the rear of my top case is letter rearrainged & upside down to work in conjunction with the ground indicator hanging from the rear fender ....get it
(the ground ind is actually a helmet lock extender repurposed) if its pointing away from the tire.... u can prob read the upside down sticker

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I debadge my vehicles. And nothing goes on the FJR. Though, I did start collecting stickers for destinations I've been on it for the replaceable top plate on the SHAD topbox. Sadly, I have far less stickers on it than I'd like. Half from not riding it as much as I'd like and half from not finding stickers small enough that I like to put on it.

Just one...

Attachments

• IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 141
No free ad space on my bikes, but I have used a couple of stickers from places that were a particularly impressive experience. Whatever

No stickers. I go out of my way to remove them if I can. I don't advertise for free.

As far as stickers from places I've been to... no need, I know where I have been, and others who may care will find out via conversation.

I don't sticker up the bike, prefer a clean appearance. I have put a few on the JC Whitney top case I use for commuting but mostly stickers are reserved for my tool box.

Only a HOG decal on a wind deflector and and a NRA sticker on the windshield of the Harley. Mostly only Honda stickers on the dirt bikes except for a TWT or a ThumperTalk sticker on a couple. Do have a couple of the fastest toolboxes around:
toolbox1_zpskwskfbgz.jpg

toolbox_zpsdnb38q7w.jpg

All the badges and decals came off the Wee when I got it. Destination stickers and things that make me smile go on the panniers. Name brands or company logos go on the tool box. I've never put stickers on my cruiser or sport bike.

I enjoy looking at stickers that others have on their bike and it is indeed a good conversation starter. What every makes ya happy man..

I had an interesting deal back when I had my track bike. I'd picked up a domain name that was available and was using it for personal use. I got hit up on a forum by the previous owner. He'd run a motorcycle parts business with the name but combined the business with his buddy and they went with his buddy's domain name and he let his expire. After an exchange I gave him my mailing address and I received a huge envelope full of stickers with the domain name on it that he used to toss in with orders. I plastered them all over my track bike. Was pretty cool to have my own custom stickers for free.

Back