• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My China Bike Review

Reaction score
First Name
Dj
Last Name
Hensley
Yes...
I am going to review a chinese made dual sport.

But it is not the average cheap junk.
It is a dual sport manufactured in the same factory as some suzuki's

Manufactured by Qingqi,
The XP200 Is a bullet proof bike that utilizes Suzuki technology and basically 99% a DR200 motor.

Same compression ratios
Availability to add stage 1 hot cams etc
all parts interchangeable.

Now it is not just a clone motor.
They actually have permission from suzuki to use the same parts.

So it's a solid motor.

i have about 1,000 miles on it so far and it's a great dual sport,
the bike it self has 4,000 + miles
i have owned a DRZ-400s so i no what quality is.

All in all for the price you can't go wrong,
cruises at 65mph gps verified no problem without re-gearing.

85MPG
Starts before you even have time to let go of the starter button
also starts on 1st - 2nd kick all the time.

Suspension is great.

2im6mw5.jpg

The only difference between this and the dr200,
is suzuki made them use a diff cam to lose around 3 HP So it couldn't compete with the dr or beat it performance wise.

Slap the stage 1 hotcam for the suzuki on, and you are good to go.
add a exhaust and up the slow / main jets and you are surpassing the dr200 by 15%

They also have a super moto version called the XF200

More updates to come!!

Well maybe this bike is different then the other China Junk that is being sold here, for your sake I hope it is what you say. I'm sure the China made bikes will improve in time, but I think I will stick with BMW's and bikes from Japan. I wonder if the Suzuki DR200 is being made (assembled) in China, someway China must be hooked into the Suzuki manufacturing system, I hope not, Suzuki are pretty nice bikes, I have owned several. Unfortunately even BMW's 650's have some China assembly, the Rotax motors are assembled there, but not manufactured there.
John

Suspension is great? Compared to a huffy? Have you ridden it offroad?

...I wonder if the Suzuki DR200 is being made (assembled) in China, someway China must be hooked into the Suzuki manufacturing system, ...

Suzuki stopped selling the DR200 in 2010 I believe. So possibly they just sold their tools to this company or traded tools to them for some discounted assembly work.

I searched a little and found this bike is also marketed under the name Qlink and probably more. Big question for me is where you can buy it and how much? Would need to be significantly less than a used DR200 to take a chance on it.

_

It looks like a KTM.

:)

How do these specs compare to the say TW200 and other similar 200cc dual-sport flavored bikes?

It sells new for around $2,000.

QLINK XP 200 Specs:

Engine:
* Type - 4-Stroke, Single Cylinder, Air Cooled
* Bore x Stroke - 66mm x 58.2mm
* Compression Ratio - 9.4:1
* Carburetion - Mikuni
* Displacement - 199 cc
* Max. Torgue - 14.5 / 8500
* Horse Power - 15.4 HP
* Ignition - CDI
* Transmission - 5-speed

Chassis:
* Suspension/Front - Hydraulic (Oil-Damped)
* Suspension/Rear - Spring Shock Absorber
* Brakes/Front - Disc
* Brakes/Rear - Drum
* Tires/Front - 2.75-21
* Tires/Rear - 4.10-18

Dimensions:
* Length - 86.6”
* Width - 32.7"
* Height - 46.5"
* Seat Height - 35.7"
* Ground Clearance - 10.6"
* Wheelbase - 54.25"
* Dry Weight - 271 lbs
* Fuel Capacity - 2.8 gallons

Other:
* Warranty - 2 Year Limited Warranty - Unlimited Miles
* 1 Year Free Road Side Assistance

All of the parts from a DR200 will work.
same part numbers and everything.

as well as Qlink's website has very fast parts ordering for tad b it cheaper then the dealers.

Haven't had to order parts or anything but i did my research as well as emailed
there customer service and got a response within 2 days.

as far as dealers there are 2 in San Antonio,
and more throughout texas.

Qlink's hub is located in Dallas

All of the parts from a DR200 will work.
same part numbers and everything.

I take it, you only mean the engine parts are the same. The suspension looks a lot different from the DR200. The Q looks to have USD fork. And
the seat height is much higher than the DR. And DR don't have kick start.

Sharp looking bike! I am looking forward to reports as you start getting it on the trails!

I have dealt with lots of chinese made scooters, sport bikes, and a few dirt bikes. Believe it or not, not all chinese stuff is created equal. They have $2k 150cc scooters that are a BIG step up from the $900 ones you normally see. The main problems with the chinese stuff i see are:

1: The plastics are brittle. One drop and you wont have scuffs, youll have shattered plastics everywhere

2: The scooters dont have this but ALL the 250cc chinese sportbikes and cruisers i have seen have really small gauge wire for the entire wiring harness and it gets to be a nightmare when wires overheat and melt, things dont work, or work intermitantly...

3: suspension. They all seem to have suspension made for a 100# 5.0' person...

4: Forgot to add the obvious. Battery. EVERY chinese made vehicle i have ever seen with a stock battery was crap. You dont want to know how many scooters ive gotten in that "wouldnt start" was just a dead battery

Im not at all saying you shouldnt buy one, just trying to give an educated opinion of them from someone whos worked on a BUNCH of them. They arent all crap as many people think. I know people with 10k miles on an aircooled 150cc scooter because it was well maintained. As mentioned below, fuel line and such should be replaced and OIL CHANGED BEFORE EVER STARTING IT. The oil doesnt comply with our standards and shouldnt be run in anything.

Last edited:
^^ Similar to my experience

I'll also add that many Chinese products skimp on the cheap items also. They cannot leave any penny behind when making a product for a sub $1,000 selling price.

Spark plug, vent hoses, fuel line, CVT belt, engine oil and filter, rear end oil, etc.
All of these stock parts are laughable cheap and ready to self destruct. Replacing all will only cost you a few hours and $50 max but will make your scooter or bike much more reliable.

Also grease all bearings and get out the loc-tite and check every fastener. These are things that you should probably do on any bike but most don't on Jap and Euro machines and usually get away with it. Not doing it on a Chinese machine will bite you back eventually.

_

Interesting read. I've been eyeing a few Chinese made dual sports in the area. I'm wanting a dual sport once again....sigh.......but I know I won't ride it often so am looking around the 1k range.

Yeap....that s correct
Pretty much chinese have level of quality even the knock off products
and some manufacture have to meet customer standards..
That s why you have Adidas with missing logo & Adidos and cheapest knock off will be call Adios....:lol2:

I have dealt with lots of chinese made scooters, sport bikes, and a few dirt bikes. Believe it or not, not all chinese stuff is created equal. They have $2k 150cc scooters that are a BIG step up from the $900 ones you normally see. The main problems with the chinese stuff i see are:

1: The plastics are brittle. One drop and you wont have scuffs, youll have shattered plastics everywhere

2: The scooters dont have this but ALL the 250cc chinese sportbikes and cruisers i have seen have really small gauge wire for the entire wiring harness and it gets to be a nightmare when wires overheat and melt, things dont work, or work intermitantly...

3: suspension. They all seem to have suspension made for a 100# 5.0' person...

4: Forgot to add the obvious. Battery. EVERY chinese made vehicle i have ever seen with a stock battery was crap. You dont want to know how many scooters ive gotten in that "wouldnt start" was just a dead battery

Im not at all saying you shouldnt buy one, just trying to give an educated opinion of them from someone whos worked on a BUNCH of them. They arent all crap as many people think. I know people with 10k miles on an aircooled 150cc scooter because it was well maintained. As mentioned below, fuel line and such should be replaced and OIL CHANGED BEFORE EVER STARTING IT. The oil doesnt comply with our standards and shouldnt be run in anything.

One of our bull fests on the forum led me to look into the industry not long ago. Over 50 million motorcycles are made in the world each year. 50% are made in China by a handful of manufacturers, mostly for the domestic market and almost all 250cc or less. True, the Chinese products can be of poor quality. (I keep a $5 wall clock that gains an hour a day in my barn to remind me to never, ever shop at Walmart.) With that said, we used to complain about the quality of anything from Japan, then British motorcycles, then AMF Harleys and finally anything from Korea.

It has to be taken on a case by case basis. BMW is currently buying a knockoff of the Rotax 652 from China and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

Looking forward to more updates.

Requesting parts content, built in China and India, from HD,Indian,Victory.Polaris,yamaha,Honda,Kawasaki,and Suzuki.

The response is always bull!

Wake up built in America Men
Your world has changed

I like it and know I would enjoy riding it at a easy but fun pace, from my own experience and what I've read above they have a decent fun factor to an extent, I've found the frames to be pretty close to the same material as a futon bed frame at least on the ATVs they are, any metal left unpainted will rust overnight, yes the batteries are junk, the plastics will hold up as long as you don't drop it, replacement carbs are $20 shipped and easy to install, for what the bike cost it's worth it, I wish the Japs still put kickers on everything like they used to but it looks like good fun to me.

^^ Similar to my experience

I'll also add that many Chinese products skimp on the cheap items also. They cannot leave any penny behind when making a product for a sub $1,000 selling price.

Spark plug, vent hoses, fuel line, CVT belt, engine oil and filter, rear end oil, etc.
All of these stock parts are laughable cheap and ready to self destruct. Replacing all will only cost you a few hours and $50 max but will make your scooter or bike much more reliable.

Also grease all bearings and get out the loc-tite and check every fastener. These are things that you should probably do on any bike but most don't on Jap and Euro machines and usually get away with it. Not doing it on a Chinese machine will bite you back eventually.

_

You mean like some Italian brands where the swing arm is sent out with just a smear of grease, starter circuits are so cobbled together that you rewire them from the start, crankcases are filled by the finger dip method and spark plug wires are seemingly designed to melt on the cylinders and loctite is an unknown commodity?

Just saying and that would be on bikes costing many thousands. It seems everyone is cutting corners these days except the Japanese on certain models. At the low end you are paying for inexpensive and might get it, at the higher ends you pay for the privledge of sorting the bike out at your own expense.

Its a good idea no matter who made the bike to trailer it home, check over everything because no matter who made it, if the tech uncrating it was sloppy you're in for a dissapointment. Personally, with anything you buy these days that has more than one part, check all parts.

Curious how the oil usage is on i(and what it will be like around 10,000 miles).

Back