• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Compact Inexpensive Helmet Light

emmed1

Reaction score
So, I've been doing a fair amount of riding at night and have had to stop to take a look at my tires or dig for a USB cable in my tank bag.* I do have a headlamp, but it is in my tank bag and I would*have to dig for it.* And I have used the flashlight function on my cell, but I have to take it out of it's cradle.* So I went looking for a solution and this is what I did:

My helmet
IMG_20170329_081155_zpsw3rtwr5b.jpg

The light
IMG_20170329_081216_zpsf5g9k8cr.jpg

Mounted
IMG_20170329_081257_zpscxjw5mw2.jpg

IMG_20170329_081246_zpsg38dszq6.jpg

At the office
IMG_20170329_081340_zpsrrf9o6qw.jpg

In the wild before
IMG_20170401_055603_zpsjezbmj3m.jpg

In the wild after
IMG_20170401_055616_zpsjhs4dywn.jpg

$6.50 at Amazon
IMG_20170329_084043_zpshh9dudga.jpg

The tiny light just slid perfectly right into place; is very easy to use even with gloves; turning it on and off is a breeze.* And it gives me a ton of light. *It is held*on there right now only with the metal*clip, but I am planning on securing it a bit better*by using double sided tape.

Good idea. I have a plastic clip one that I take camping with me. Note to others showing $5.99 at Academy sports and a cheaper version like the one I have for only $3.99.

Neat idea, I've seen those before at the store and it never occurred to me to use it on a helmet. I like it!

Neat idea, I've seen those before at the store and it never occurred to me to use it on a helmet. I like it!

They work great in a tent setting up a Term-a-rest cot or after dark on a baseball cap to set up a tent or camp area.

Oh, I bought my son one of the headlight flashlights the first time I took him camping. Thought it was gimmicky. It's mine now. I use it ALL the time. :D

He still gets to play with it when we go camping though. I just haven't had the need for the hat one so much. If I needed it and was wearing a hat I just took off the hat and used the other one.

Not by definition waterproof. But I rode with it on through a tornado warning area with pouring rain and it still worked after a very thorough soaking. The battery cover does slide right off, but no water got in.

Back