• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

The scene from last Thursday. I left after eating around 11:40 since no one else was at Billy's. Weather was great.
0eb86c4ae6b39ce983d3df9b732d5c03.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

The last mod to the ridiculously modded CRF250L went on last night with Vinny's help. Need to put some more miles on to make sure all is well so planning to stop in to Billy's and/or the food trailer park while I'm running around.

I can probably be at the food trailers about 11:45...

Great turnout this sunny day @ Billy's.

We had a special visitor today. The intrepid ADV rider, James (Jammin), who just moved to Austin stopped by Billy's Saloon. He shared some of his amazing stories from his extended globetrotting adventures on his DR650. James crossed one of the highest roads at close to 18,000 feet, rode the long savanna stretches of Eastern Africa and crossed the Atlantic with his bike on an freighter among the many exciting stories.

i-fNgP4MQ-L.jpg

i-nTRFGdV-L.jpg

You can read more of his adventure on his ride link here. Right now, he is bike-less and is looking to purchase a new bike, perhaps a larger adventure style motorcycle.

Arnold (Big A) showed up on his Wing. He reminisced about the recent sale of his trusty KTM 690. I believe he wants the KTM back in his garage.

...howdy to the last minute visitor who popped in on his white Tenere!

Till next time...

RB

Last edited:
In, but I can't eat at Billy's any longer. Food just makes me sad for the rest of the day. So: I'll be at the food trailers about 11:30 or 11:45 to eat, then will swing by Billy's for social enlightenment.

Revzilla turnout at Billy's Cantina today.

Returning TWTEX new member, James, captivated us again with his amazing stories from his recent 'round the world exploits on the mighty DR650. James is shopping for a new adventure bike. He has his eyes set on either a DRZ400e or even the rough and ready WR250R.

The dual-sport dynamic duo adventure veterans, JT & Vinny provided sagely advice about extra thick tire tubes and explained the short comings of the Tubliss system. The Tubliss install looks so easy on their instructional video but why do they always show the rear tire only during the demo? :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIL7nfvHFM"]Tubliss Gen 2 install video[/ame]

Daave just assisted me in installing the Tubliss system. We used two new tricks that makes sealing the front Tubliss tire MUCH easier.

Instead of using the supplied rim tape, we applied 3M electrical tape utilizing the three layered approach that provided a smoother drop zone for the inner bladder. Finally, instead of using soapy water as the video suggests, we used the tire sealant called Ride One. It is tacky and very slick and allows the bead to lock tightly against the side of the tire and thus prevent air from leaking.

The monthly pie run is coming up in addition to the almost 100 eager beaver adventure riders heading to Galeana, Mexico in a few weeks.

RB

Last edited:
Revzilla turnout at Billy's Cantina today.

Returning TWTEX new member, James, captivated us again with his amazing stories from his recent 'round the world exploits on the mighty DR650. James is shopping for a new adventure bike. He has his eyes set on either a DRZ400e or even the rough and ready WR250R.
Thanks for the sum up, RB. By the way, the name's Jay, not James ;-)

Ah, what's in a name anyways? Call me whatever :lol2:

Last edited:
Thanks for the sum up, RB. By the way, the name's Jay, not James ;-)

Ah, what's in a name anyways? Call me whatever :lol2:

Howdy Jay,

I still get the differences between a Vee-Strom and V-Strom confused. :rofl:

Let us know how the test ride goes....

flipmeister.gif

RB

Back