• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$3000 dollar choppers

Sleepy Weasel said:
I'm not sure what that big thingy is along the sides...

Must hide the squirrel cage because there is no other way they are getting 105 mph out of 200cc's.

I saw one of these things at the Auto Auction up in Waco. I thought it was electric until he got right beside me. Then I could hear the small dirt bike engine putting along. With that rigid frame he was bouncing all over in the parking lot there. I sure wouldn't want to attempt triple digit speeds on one.

I guess, realistically, I don't see this as being any weirder than people who with chop a Rebel. This just adds that "cookie cutter" feel that is missing in all the real custom stuff.

Under FAQ's I did find an approximate weight of 260 lbs and the 205 rear tire is a 14.

I just can not see this thing spinning a 205/14 that fast even if it does weigh only 260lbs.

-

I just realized where they're getting 105 mph. I was selling these lifan 150s, later 200s, before I got the Diamos. They're nearly identical, same bikes. These had a nifty speedo and digital gear indicator with tach, though. The speedo was marked in mph. First time I took one down the street it ZIPPED right up to 65 mph and I was freakin' out. WOWZERS, this thing is QUICK for a 150! Well, after riding a Diamo with speedo in KPH, I suddenly realized those Lifans were marked MPH on the face, but the speedo is actually calibrated in KPH. I was running 65KPH, not MPH, which is about 40 mph. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So, if this thing is the same, 105 on that speedo is about an actual 65 mph cause it's really reading in KPH. I'll just bet ya that's what's goin' on with the speed claim. :rofl: The Diamo 200 is claimed 65 mph, but actually will run about 60 and 50 is a good easy cruising speed. It'd probably run 70+, but it's geared really short.

Ahh... I recall the days when everything Japanese was referred to as "junk" :lol2: Do not discount the Chinese. They will be a force to reckon with on the market. The Japanese were not always as dominating as they seem to be now.

If someone provides the bike I'll do a gnarly dual sport ride on it. We can get someone to video it and sell it online. I'm sure those crazy advrider.com guys will pay to see that.

oldbmw said:
If someone provides the bike I'll do a gnarly dual sport ride on it. We can get someone to video it and sell it online. I'm sure those crazy advrider.com guys will pay to see that.

You're too late, I already have one. Same motor. Didn't have to build it, bought it that way.

I was watching a show on the Detroit auto show the other day and they had a Chinese car, forget the brand. They estimate 3 years to get it DOT/EPA approved and a dealer network set up and they'll be importing it. Said they could MSRP the car for under 10K and actually said they were able to sell it that low because the average pay in China is four dollars a day. :rofl: Even the Japanese are having stuff built in China for this reason. The PW50 is now all Chinese. Given time, they'll be building R1s there, at least until they get trade unions in China and start having strikes and getting real wages. Then, I guess, there's always Mexico.:lol2: The educational level is a lot higher in China, though.

Hacksaw said:
We said the same thing about Jap crap 30 years ago. I suspect they'll get their stuff dialed in. Just a matter of time.

I guess I'm too young to remember that. I have always viewed Japanese manufacturing as good quality.

Hey, as stated in the ad:

EPA Certified
Comes With VIN#

If it comes with a VIN# and it's EPA Certified, it has to be a good deal, no?

Back