• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Not getting together tomorrow? How about Skippers?

I’m not saying someone other than Rob. I’m saying as long as l’m not the only one there.
50-50 chance of rain tomorrow at 9 and that front supposed to be coming in about that time too so I guess you're going to cage it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I'd like to, but I've got a certification test ($300 - can't afford to fail) on Thursday and need all of the time between now and then to study for it. :(

I got screwed up on my start time today and will not be there this morning. :doh:

You needed to come up here to Kerrville with me and Chuck.

It looks like I will be pulling the clutch cover off today to check the shifter pawl spring because I am stuck in second year. Do you guys have any recommendations for the KLR650?

It looks like I will be pulling the clutch cover off today to check the shifter pawl spring because I am stuck in second year. Do you guys have any recommendations for the KLR650?

Anthony, I don't have any experience with the transmission at all, but my guess is you will need the "dohickey" tools to remove the clutch basket. I had some, but someone on the forum borrowed them and I can't remember who. Perhaps someone will be just as generous for you.

Good luck.

It doesn't look like you have to pull the clutch to change the spring. YouTube is your friend :rider:

Thanks guys,but with 30,000 miles on the KLR should I be looking at changing the clutch discs anyway? I did look at YouTube I just hope that the spring is the problem. I ordered the spring and the side cover gasket. But they said it would take 5 to 7 days to receive the parts.

Thanks guys,but with 30,000 miles on the KLR should I be looking at changing the clutch discs anyway? I did look at YouTube I just hope that the spring is the problem. I ordered the spring and the side cover gasket. But they said it would take 5 to 7 days to receive the parts.

I would not change the clutch discs, unless they are slipping. It isn't that hard to get into it, if you do start to have a problem.

Sorry, don't have any experience with KLR's, but Jeff's suggestion about youtube would be a good place to look. Also, if you haven't already done so, you may want to check over on Thumpertalk; I'm sure they have all kinds of experts there.

I will not make it tomorrow, to much going on. See everyone after Cristmas. Have a good holiday!

Merry Christmas, to all you folks who keep up with this thread.

Merry Christmas ! I'm off December 26th Tuesday if anyone is going tomorrow let me know I might be able to break free

Merry Christmas ! I'm off December 26th Tuesday if anyone is going tomorrow let me know I might be able to break free

Bryan, I would like to do breakfast but it looks like rain tomorrow. I generally don't go to breakfast unless I can ride, and I don't like to ride through Houston in the rain. May be we can find a day this week or next that not as wet.

Back