• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ZRX Fans... Z900 Rumor Mill!

Make mine with the tiny quarter fairing.:deal:

Ask and you shall receive?

2018-Kawasaki-Z900RS-Cafe-01.jpg

The white stripe just does not do it for me. Not sure why.

It is definitely a callback to the less favorable graphic design trends of the 1970s. Still, I do like that bikini fairing. I have one on order for my Bonneville, and when I add the RS to my stable (hopefully in black), I'll likely put a similar one it as well.

It is definitely a callback to the less favorable graphic design trends of the 1970s. Still, I do like that bikini fairing. I have one on order for my Bonneville, and when I add the RS to my stable (hopefully in black), I'll likely put a similar one it as well.

I was hoping it would have stripe colors like the green ZRX.

I was hoping it would have stripe colors like the green ZRX.

My "Shop" skills are nonexistent but I added some yellow to the green to make it more lime-ish and then added the blue stripe.

I wonder if a sign shop could make a blue tape strip for you? Or maybe a partial wrap?

Attachments

• Z900RS-CAFE (640x281) (2).jpg
    Z900RS-CAFE (640x281) (2).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 604
My "Shop" skills are nonexistent but I added some yellow to the green to make it more lime-ish and then added the blue stripe.

I wonder if a sign shop could make a blue tape strip for you? Or maybe a partial wrap?

Man that made the world of difference. :clap: Way way better look.

I went to the dealer the other day and talked to him about securing one. Unfortunately right now, there's still no pricing, delivery dates, or available quantity info being given to the dealers. He feels confident that he'll initially be able to get at least one. Honestly, I'm leaning toward the black one and I'll probably put my own bikini faring onto it. That's assuming, of course, that the black one is even available in the US. There is intentionally so little information at this point. Gotta build that hype, I suppose. I'm just hoping the price for the Z900RS with be comparable to the current Z900 streetfighter. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I went to the dealer the other day and talked to him about securing one. Unfortunately right now, there's still no pricing, delivery dates, or available quantity info being given to the dealers. He feels confident that he'll initially be able to get at least one. Honestly, I'm leaning toward the black one and I'll probably put my own bikini faring onto it. That's assuming, of course, that the black one is even available in the US. There is intentionally so little information at this point. Gotta build that hype, I suppose. I'm just hoping the price for the Z900RS with be comparable to the current Z900 streetfighter. Fingers crossed.

Be nice if they had the black and orange one with the quarter fairing.:trust: I might have to dig out the old Tracy bikini fairing that is somewhere in the garage.

This is all so awesome. I always knew cool bikes would make a comeback someday.

Suzuki would be smart to follow through on that. Looks like a GSX-S underneath if I'm not mistaken.

For an idea of what to expect on MSRP, look at what Yamaha did between the 689cc and 848cc versions of FZ and XSR: an extra grand or so for cosmetic changes (revised bodywork, etc) is good for margins per-unit.

And the Z900RS also needs a different frame (see here) compared to the ducktail of the standard Z900.

I'll take a green one. No fairing. With a Kerker megaphone. :deal:

Well, just to put a bookend on this thread, I rode a Z900RS on Saturday, and to my own surprise, didn't really care for it.

Without going into too much detail, suffice it to say that it's top heavy, is de-tuned a bit more than I'd have preferred, and has an odd riding position (for me). Somebody explain to me again how the regular Z900 (with a hotter tune, killer looks, and a more ergonomic cockpit) is $8,300, but the RS version is almost 13 Grand. It's a pretty bike, but I decided to pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just to put a bookend on this thread, I rode a Z900RS on Saturday, and to my own surprise, didn't really care for it.

Without going into too much detail, suffice it to say that it's top heavy, is de-tuned a bit more than I'd have preferred, and has an odd riding position (for me). Somebody explain to me again how the regular Z900 (with a hotter tune, killer looks, and a more ergonomic cockpit) is $8,300, but the RS version is almost 13 Grand. It's a pretty bike, but I decided to pass.

How did it compare to your ZRX? Way under powered compared to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
How did it compare to your ZRX? Way under powered compared to it?

That may've been part of the reason I was unimpressed; I rode the ZRX to the test ride. LOL. Honestly, the ZRX is a madman since I did the Stage 3 mods, and yes, the RS felt anemic by comparison. But that said, even my little FZ-07 seems to have about the same amount of low-end torque as the RS.

I was taken by the looks of the bike, but not by much else. If the RS was 8 Grand instead of 12-and-a-half Grand, sure, I likely would've pulled the trigger and then proceeded with the necessary mods to make it fit and run to my preference. But it just wasn't worth the price of admission to me. I'll probably just stick with what I've got for now, then perhaps add a Z900 later on.

Or, I might just buy a second ZRX and set it up for bracket racing. :dude:

Last edited:
Back