• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lapsed Forum Supporter status despite payment?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab We recently had some email issues with the forum emails not getting out to people. It also may have affected the automatic creation of forum supporter status for people that use PayPal to create or renew their forum supporter status. I have had a handful of people contact me explaining that they were no longer showing as forum supporters even though payment had been made via PayPal.

:tab IF this has happened to you, PLEASE let me know. The best way is to PM me here on the forum or send me an email at admin@twtex.com. I will need your email address that is tied to the PayPal account so I can do a search of the transactions to find your payment. Then I will manually set your account to forum supporter status for the appropriate length of time.

:tab Ideally, if the email issues are resolved, this should not affect new donations or auto renewing donations from this point on.

:tab Sorry for the hassle if you are affected. Thanks for supporting the site! :thumb:

I don't know if you have it set as a one time payment or for a recurring payment, but if it is recurring, please let me know if it doesn't renew when your next payment is sent.

Scott, Pay-Pal sends me a monthly statement that shows contribution. That works well for me. I may have an item sold soon and I earmarked 25 bucks to TWT. I hope I can forward with my limited computer skills. To not have to deal with C L is worth twice that amount :). Good site and good job. :clap:

Scott, Pay-Pal sends me a monthly statement that shows contribution. That works well for me. I may have an item sold soon and I earmarked 25 bucks to TWT. I hope I can forward with my limited computer skills. To not have to deal with C L is worth twice that amount :). Good site and good job. :clap:

Have you already sent a donation via PayPal that I need to look for? I don't see the "Forum Supporter" under your username.

Have you already sent a donation via PayPal that I need to look for? I don't see the "Forum Supporter" under your username.

10 bucks comes out every month out of my account through Pay Pal it is always on the 16th. last one on Nov. 16th. Hope you have been getting them. I don't care too much for acknowledgement as forum supporter but just want to help a little and wish more would. It is less than 40 cents a day.

Mine stopped for a while but seem to be back.

But I do no longer show as a supporter. :-(

10 bucks comes out every month out of my account through Pay Pal it is always on the 16th. last one on Nov. 16th. Hope you have been getting them. I don't care too much for acknowledgement as forum supporter but just want to help a little and wish more would. It is less than 40 cents a day.

Fixed it for both of you. Please let me know if it lapses again.

Fixed it for both of you. Please let me know if it lapses again.

Thanks, I agree with Windmill, not so worried about the recognition just hope that it spurs more people into thinking "Forum Supporter eh? I could be one of those."

Nothing is free , and if one enjoys reading , learning , and just what a site like this gives its at least worth a monthly magazine price .

Just to add my $.00000002
There was a paypal/forum supporter / snafu with my account.. I emailed Scott (before this post ) and he ran down the issue and fixed me right up...

In the world of 1s and 0s then add in cross platform communication and different platform interaction... bugs and glitches are common....Its how they are handled that makes the difference.
Scott thanks for being proactive and fixing what is broke.

I noticed something was 'wrong' when the site indicated I could not send any more PMs and I rarely send them anyway.

Back