• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2018 MexTrek #8, Oct 20th - 23rd 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2018 MexTrek #7, Oct 20th - 23rd 2018

I will probably stay for the after party at this time.

Maybe we should overlap since that is the time frame I was thinking for an exploratory / smaller / longer / activity filled ride?

Interested [emoji6][emoji1317]

But of course, I'm in. I wouldn't miss it. I'll probably do at least some of the after ride. I want to ride through Huasteca Canyon.

Very high on my exploration list too.

Watching Dust to Glory at the moment...Making me salivate for some mexico adventures!

I'm updating the radio section and just saw Baofeng has a new high power radio, same as a UV-5R, but with double the output (8 watts) and capability to use an extended MaH battery pack.

I'm updating the radio section and just saw Baofeng has a new high power radio, same as a UV-5R, but with double the output (8 watts) and capability to use an extended MaH battery pack.

My UV-5R radio worked great communicating with JT on the ride down to Galeana, especially when we temporarily lost part of the group. They're really handy to have. Plus he was pointing out sites along the way I would've otherwise missed.

I just wish you could charge them with ordinary USB chargers and that bulky cradle that takes up space.

First timer...in.

First timer (sort of) registered and paid,+ after ride, Ole!! Looking forward to it!

In - and looking forward to the return to “Ol’ Mey-hee-koh”. Might be up for exploratory trip in spring as well. Yeehaw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter, you are going again in 2018? Wow! Thanks for sharing all your photos at the camp out! So exciting.

Last edited:

Shadman: I'm registered & paid for both the main Event & the After Party. Thanks again for your stellar organization efforts... Eres Bueno Hombre!!

Thomas: I may be interested in joining. You taking your GS or will it be a lighter bike trip.

Cheers --

Shadman: I'm registered & paid for both the main Event & the After Party. Thanks again for your stellar organization efforts... Eres Bueno Hombre!!

Thomas: I may be interested in joining. You taking your GS or will it be a lighter bike trip.

Cheers --

GSA. Will let you know when I start narrowing down dates.

Of the first 28 registered riders, 1 is a no and 4 are undecided on the After Party V 2.0. Looks like a major modification to trip planning is necessary. More details to come, but this may be a larger group than I previously envisioned. More details to come in the next month or two.

Mextrek #7 is now on the schedule, June 14th 2018. 4 days only, no after party, and it will be a HOT ride!

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116147

Anyone who has previously signed up for the October ride who would like to switch their registration to June please send me an email. for those who are often confused...

1. A new ride has been created in June, Mextrek #7
2. The October ride has not changed in any way, except being renamed Mextrek #8

Last edited:
7 to warm up, 8 to shine...:ponder::ponder::ponder:

F1 conflict:

I realize that F1 is in Austin the same weekend as the first weekend of this Mextrek. It seems very highly likely we will have a ride guide taking a group that will stay Sunday in Mission and ride to Galeana on Monday the 22nd. Anyone thinking about this should stay for a few days of the After Party 2.0!

Last edited:
F1 conflict:

I realize that F1 is in Austin the same weekend as the first weekend of this Mextrek. It seems very highly likely we will have a ride guide taking a group that will stay Sunday in Mission and ride to Galeana on Monday the 22nd. Anyone thinking about this should stay for a few days of the After Party 2.0!

Hmmm......I need to think this one through. It's nice to be half way to Mission already after the race is over.

Registered but will be for 2.0 only.

Just a heads up. Will probably get to Mission too late on Sunday night to get my visa and TVIP that night. Will need to go as soon as they open on Monday.

Last edited:
I'm trying to make this trip work schedule wise. Won't know for a few months.

But when I amazon the required radio, I get a Ham radio "walkie talkie" that requires a license to transmit in the US. Is a license required in Mexico? Is it a license that requires skill to get or are we just paying money to use the radio? Did I get the wrong radio in my Amazon search?

Communications: If you plan to come to Mextrek we expect you to come with a radio, a charger, and some type of speaker or ear piece in your helmet. Amazon is your friend on this one:

Basic radio: 4 watt / 1 watt: UV-5R V2 About $25, includes charger and earpiece. Programming cable not required....

If anyone is interested I have four (4) Baofeng UV-B5 radios programmed and available for loan. Both standard/stubby antennas, charging cradles and I even have two battery eliminator packs so you can plug directly into 12V acc/cig plug. No headsets though, I would just clip to my Camelback strap. The model number doesn't exactly match so Peter will need to chime in if compatiable.

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back