• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB - CRF230F, TTR230, DRZ250, etc.

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Looking to buy a Honda CRF230F, Yamaha TTR230, Suzuki DRZ250, etc for my step-son. If you have one and are considering selling, please let me know.

Thanks!
Paul

I have a tried and true CRF230F that I lead all the Mextrek rides on. Very reliable (aka, it does not break, EVER), dual stacked 3600 LED headlights, Baja designs dual sport kit originally, but now been butchered into lights, a horn, taillights, a Enduro speedo unit. I've welded on a beefy rear frame under the tail to hold my gun case and support soft bags on trips.

All stock except:

Jet kit, 112 jet in place of 102 stock
FMF full pipe, kinda loud, but adds 3 HP
Rear sprocket - about 12 less teeth
Headlights
Baja designs kit
Aftermarket LED taillight and plate holder
Acerbis hand guards
20 W oil and very recent rebuild of forks with new seals and dust seals to hold 190 lb rider

Always starts. Always runs. Geared to top out at 82 MPH in a full tuck, but I run freeway on it at 62 - 64 MPH at 70% throttle. Probably 6,000 miles on the bike. Motor is tight, valves within spec, could use a new cam chain in the next 1,000 or 2,000 miles as preventative maintenance. I change the oil twice a year. Takes a quart and a half. Super cheap, easy to maintain, tires are $100 a set for Shinkos, fits humans like a full size bike, but feels like a large pitbike. Actually very highway capable at 55 - 60 MPH.

$2,000 OBO

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a nice CRF150F, all stock, for $1200 if you are interested. It's the same bike as CRF230 dimensionally, just has smaller wheels. Fits big kids just fine!

I have a 2012 Klx250s with 5k miles. I'd be willing to let it go for 2k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I also have a nice CRF150F, all stock, for $1200 if you are interested. It's the same bike as CRF230 dimensionally, just has smaller wheels. Fits big kids just fine!

What year?

I ended up buying an XR200 from a TWTer. I think it will work for the boy. Many thanks to all for the posts and PMs.

I'd still buy a DRZ250 all day long if you have one for sale.......... :mrgreen:

This thread spiked up my dirt testosterone level. I found a CRF230F today here in Jalisco. Bing bada boom, done deal. Within 2 minutes in the saddle I once again had the thrill of the XR650R offroad (but with elec start LOL).

If you want a lightweight (107kg) off road bike with 20 hp and good suspenders there is none other unless you want to spend big bucks.

And the bottom line is Honda reliability. Absolute joy to punch thru the gears offroad.

What year?

2004 or 3, can't recall, but its kickstart so 03 to 05. 2006+ are electric start. No battery issues on 03 to 05.

Mine does have custom lighting coil, headlight, and taillight.

Available after Sunday, March 25th, in Big Bend. Available for test rides at Uncle's

Last edited:
Back