• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Ark / Joel Sartore

Centex

Reaction score
I'm not 'a photographer' so while lurking a lot and enjoying everyone's work have never posted here. But I fell into the recent replay of "RARE - Creatures of the Photo Ark" on PBS .... then Joel Sartore's website and felt compelled to share.

For me both the TV series and the website are a compelling combination of 'story' about both the animals and the photographer and his photographic process. The FAQ page quite fascinating to me as a 'layperson' - perhaps others will find it of interest, too.

I wouldn't 'want his job' (he must work very hard to excel in his craft and art, iMHO) as fascinating and in many ways wonderful as it must be, but I'm sure glad there's folks like him in the photographic profession sharing their talents and skills.

I really appreciate the concept and results of the Photo Ark 'no background / bring total focus to the animal / make eye-contact' project - so many luscious portraits there.

Anyway, like I said, just had the compulsion to share ... thanks for the venue.

:sun:

A display of his works were on display at the Dallas Zoo. Some are in the tunnel between sections are there permanently. I have his book too.

Back