• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ZRX Fans... Z900 Rumor Mill!

That may've been part of the reason I was unimpressed; I rode the ZRX to the test ride. LOL. Honestly, the ZRX is a madman since I did the Stage 3 mods, and yes, the RS felt anemic by comparison. But that said, even my little FZ-07 seems to have about the same amount of low-end torque as the RS.

I was taken by the looks of the bike, but not by much else. If the RS was 8 Grand instead of 12-and-a-half Grand, sure, I likely would've pulled the trigger and then proceeded with the necessary mods to make it fit and run to my preference. But it just wasn't worth the price of admission to me. I'll probably just stick with what I've got for now, then perhaps add a Z900 later on.

Or, I might just buy a second ZRX and set it up for bracket racing. :dude:

I like the second ZRX idea. Thanks for the input. Wish they had never stopped making the ZRX.

The Z900RS came out officially the week after I bought a left over 2017 Z900R. I love the looks of the RS. I bought the Honda Retro CB1100 in 2013 based on it's looks. And it did and still does look great. But it did not corner or have the performance of the Z900R I have now. I am not taking any chances with a "retuned for midrange 900". I have put 5k miles on my 900 since 10/13. I can't stay off the thing. Been to Leakey and back twice from Montgomery (no trailering) and just got back from Big Bend (trailered to Alpine) but still put 1k miles on it out there. Its just an inexpensive 948cc fun machine. Can't wait to ride it to Arkansas and New Mexico in 2018...

Last edited:
Back