• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Canadian cops chase 186 mph Motocycle speeder

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Brogden
Yup - 186 MPH, not KPH. Yikes!

Posted here: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/07/16/canadian-cops-chase-186-mph-speeder/?intcmp=features

This snippet from the article:
25-year-old Randy George Scott of British Colombia is apparently on the run from Canadian law enforcement after allegedly posting a video of himself riding a motorcycle down a busy highway at speeds reaching at least 186 mph.

The video, which was uploaded to YouTube in April, is shot from the rider’s perspective and clearly shows the speedometer of what is reported to be a Yamaha R1 sport bike as it splits lanes and weaves in and out of traffic on a stretch of the Trans-Canada highway on Vancouver Island where the speed limit is 50 mph.

[ame="http://youtu.be/SIUTXIsJz3o"]victoria highway run 299km - YouTube[/ame]

That reminds me, I was going in to work on the Taxes 130 Toll and it being the middle of darkness I took the truck , Between Pflugerville and US290 I see a light inmy mirror , I glance away and recheck , way closer. I set my coarse and watch the light approach at near warp speed. I was doing 70 MPH and it blew by at a WOT. The flashing lights were about a mile back and no where near catching him. I think he killed his lights and made an unauthorized exit to lay low because there were poo poo every where going back and forth North and South. It was cool , that bike was hitting 160 at least.

I personally don't think such behavior is cool. I think it's grossly stupid and dangerous for anyone the biker gets close to. That fool in the video came so close to so many cars and trucks - no room for any error or road hazard. Stupid.

It's ok, even if he wrecked, they have national healthcare so everyone could be treated. Oh wait, that happens here too. Totally uncool.

I think it was Jimbo Jones who said "Dude, videotaping this crime spree is the best idea we've ever had."

Some people just don't know how to lay low. There a guy in my neighborhood who was celebrating his beer and meth habit by driving his super loud truck up and down the FM all night long. Haven't seen too much of him since the sheriff rolled up his driveway in the middle of the night.

I think it was Jimbo Jones who said "Dude, videotaping this crime spree is the best idea we've ever had."

Some people just don't know how to lay low. There a guy in my neighborhood who was celebrating his beer and meth habit by driving his super loud truck up and down the FM all night long. Haven't seen too much of him since the sheriff rolled up his driveway in the middle of the night.

Some folks are not smart enough to be criminals. ;-)

It was cool , that bike was hitting 160 at least.

Not cool. Idiotic, crazy stupid yes. This gives motorcyclists a bad name, annoys, startles and scares cagers into making sudden moves that can prove fatal (to the rider).

It's also one reason I don't trust cagers and trust other MC riders even less.

What's cool about riding a motorcycle at warp speeds, putting others at risk?

Nothing.

Child mentality on an adult machine.

Seems like the guy wants to commit suicide. I think that's why people do these things. Subconsciously want to kill themselves.

I would argue in court that the speedometer was malfunctioning.

Seems like the guy wants to commit suicide. I think that's why people do these things. Subconsciously want to kill themselves.

I would argue in court that the speedometer was malfunctioning.

And the DA (or whatever they call them in Canada) would play the video and observe that the malfunction took place in the nut connecting the seat to the handlebar! :rofl:

Wouldn't it be great if courtrooms had a trapdoor in front of the judge.

Lawyer stands there and says something ridiculous as to why their "client" shouldn't be held accountable.

If I were the judge, I'd say nothing. Pull the handle, the lawyer drops through that trap door and slides on his butt to the dumpster.

Next case.

I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. Just watch TV. But the video doesn't even show the guy's face. There's no date. Maybe a good lawyer can get the videograhic evidence thrown out. I couldn't read the odometer very well either.

The guy might grow up and out of his selfish behavior.

Then, he'll get married and have three kids.

Ten years hence, he'll be driving in his SUV with his family on board and another rider just like him will pass within a foot his family vehicle at top speed.

IDIOT! He'll say to his wife.

Wouldn't it be great if courtrooms had a trapdoor in front of the judge.

Lawyer stands there and says something ridiculous as to why their "client" shouldn't be held accountable.

If I were the judge, I'd say nothing. Pull the handle, the lawyer drops through that trap door and slides on his butt to the dumpster.

Next case.

+1, I despise lawyers more then the clients/criminals that most represent.

I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. Just watch TV. But the video doesn't even show the guy's face. There's no date. Maybe a good lawyer can get the videograhic evidence thrown out. I couldn't read the odometer very well either.

Here is some info from the article at the link:

Saanich police Sgt. Dean Jantzen told the Times Colonist that several witnesses came forward with information linking the video to Scott, whose whereabouts are currently unknown. He faces a criminal charge of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle that carries a maximum penalty of five years.

The bike is registered to Scott’s mother, who has been issued $1,449 in traffic tickets.

I think the fool will do some time. :clap: :clap::clap::clap:

Time and place. If you want to be an idiot out in the middle of nowhere, you're still being an idiot. But you're not going to tick off too many people or be taking russian roulette level risks with every vehicle you pass. I'll cut that some slack as many of us have done it at one time or another at very minor real world risk levels. Doing it in the middle of a populated area through moderate traffic, ticking off every SUV driving mom, drawing the ire of every LEO in the county (who in turn take it out on those of us who do stop for flashing lights), and inspiring calls to local legistors to pass restrictions on these speed machines is very bad for all of us. Not to mention sheer stupidity if you want to live to see your next birthday. If any one of those couple hundred cars he passed saw him at the last second and tried to get out of his way just as he weaved in a similar direction to go around, he'd never have had the chance to post his antics on youtube. Dumb. And bad for all of us.

The guy might grow up and out of his selfish behavior.

Then, he'll get married and have three kids.

Ten years hence, he'll be driving in his SUV with his family on board and another rider just like him will pass within a foot his family vehicle at top speed.

IDIOT! He'll say to his wife.

I have to admit some sympathy for squids, knee draggers and street racers. I was one myself once. Of course in those days a really, really fast street bike would top out at 120 and get terrifying about 100. We also used to race behind the Miller brewery on I35 south of Fort Worth at a time when there was nothing out there but a mile square grid of clean pavement.

I'm still trying to understand how the his mom owned the bike unless he was not old enough or some requirement of Canadian law makes you responsible if you cosign for one of your children. My dad made it real clear that if I got stopped before I was old enough to get a license that I was out without his permission.

There are any number of scenarios that could explain why his mother is the owner - none that I can think of make it reasonable. But the accused is 25 - old enough to legally drive and own a vehicle in most places. Age does not guarantee wisdom.

I told my children that the state has its rule about when they were eligible to drive and I had my rules about that - and that my rules took priority over the state's. 2 moving violations within a 12 month period and I would yank their license. Happened once, with my son.

Doing it in the middle of a populated area through moderate traffic, ticking off every SUV driving mom, drawing the ire of every LEO in the county (who in turn take it out on those of us who do stop for flashing lights), and inspiring calls to local legistors to pass restrictions on these speed machines is very bad for all of us. Not to mention sheer stupidity if you want to live to see your next birthday. If any one of those couple hundred cars he passed saw him at the last second and tried to get out of his way just as he weaved in a similar direction to go around, he'd never have had the chance to post his antics on youtube. Dumb. And bad for all of us.

+1

Reminds me of the high level deaths from squid, crotch-rocket reckless riding individuals in the wee hours...and reading about it the next day in the traffic fatalities section of the newspaper.

Manfred, good for you...creating boundaries for your children is something lacking today.

RB

Reminds me of the high level deaths from squid, crotch-rocket reckless riding individuals in the wee hours...and reading about it the next day in the traffic fatalities section of the newspaper.RB

I learned to ride motorcycles in West Germany in 1970 -72. Honda and Kawasaki had just introduced their low cost super bikes - the CB750 and 500 triple 2 stroke. GIs with more money than brains bought these bikes and killed and maimed themselves (and others) in more ways than I can remember. Though I do recall in vivid detail one crash of a Kaw 500 into a VW microbus that still gives me shivers.

Motorcycles are great fun - and very dangerous. Enjoy but be careful. Others on and in all other vehicles are risky to bikers and at risk from stupid bikers.

And yet - :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: :rider: Until my hands can no longer pull the clutch in.

He was just excited winter was over :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back